[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Because it's obviously not up to date man. Be patient plz ;)

The A11B just pop in. Either you play Vanilla some time or you stay on A11 a bit if you absolutely need mods :p

dopestar667

I know, I'm not complaining, just notifying. All the other mods I have loaded work fine in 11b that worked in 11, except the two EDB mods.

EdB

Quote from: dopestar667 on July 04, 2015, 02:16:10 AM
I know, I'm not complaining, just notifying. All the other mods I have loaded work fine in 11b that worked in 11, except the two EDB mods.

The EdB mods work a little differently than a lot of other mods--they modify or override specific code from the vanilla game.  When that vanilla game code changes with a new build, that causes the incompatibility.  You can expect an 11b release within the next day.

Vas

I once suggested this before, but I'll go ahead and do it again, using the same image I used before.  :P  However, I'd like to also suggest a preview that shows you what year your character was born in when you change the alternate date, the one that can go into the thousands.  I was trying to set it so that they appear to have gone into cryostasis in the year 2015.  Also, I'd like to be able to type in that slot rather than wait 5 minutes for it to get all the way to the number I want.  :P
Oh yea, lets not forget the ability to set the day of the month and the month your birthday is on.  :P

The other thing, is points per character, points in stock not counting against you, allowing you to go over the point amounts and start the game anyway "Are you sure you wish to start? You have used more points than you have.", color code it a bit too.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mokonasakura

you can set your birth day by right clicking on your age vas

dopestar667

Quote from: EdB on July 04, 2015, 04:06:38 AM
Quote from: dopestar667 on July 04, 2015, 02:16:10 AM

The EdB mods work a little differently than a lot of other mods--they modify or override specific code from the vanilla game.  When that vanilla game code changes with a new build, that causes the incompatibility.  You can expect an 11b release within the next day.

You're awesome, thank you!

Vas

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 04, 2015, 05:36:08 AM
you can set your birth day by right clicking on your age vas

Oh right, well my other points remain.
I also found that hovering over a specific spot shows the points per colonist, I just hoped I wouldn't have to hover over that each change I make.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on July 04, 2015, 04:06:38 AM
You can expect an 11b release within the next day.

The Interface and Mod Order mods are now available for 11b, but there were some changes in Alpha 11b to the way that the market value for colonists is computed.  This impacts the way that the point values are computed in Prepare Carefully which means that I need to take a balancing pass on those calculations.  Balancing is difficult, and I hate doing it, so it's going to take me a little bit longer to finish.  It should still be released sometime today.

Lonely Rogue

I hope it comes soon! Until then, I'm just glad I haven't deleted regular eleven yet!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

cheetah2003

Thanks so much for getting this updated so quickly!  BEST MOD EVER! <3

EdB

I've released a new version, 1.9.4, that is compatible with the Alpha 11b release of the game.  I've also added a French-language translation (thanks to kaptain_kavern!) and a Ukrainian-language translation (thanks to Rascher!)

The point system was adjusted a bit to match changes in the game.  You may notice that the point values of presets that you saved in earlier versions do not match the values in this version.  Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided.

Please let me know if you see any new bugs or issues.

tgchaplain

And now all the mods I love are up to date! Time to waste spend my weekend building my colony!

Havan_IronOak

I absolutely LOVE the Prepare Carefully mod. It allows me to start the story the way that I want. Now that its working in release 11B I'm overjoyed.

However, I do seem to have a problem with Naming My characters. The name boxes don't seem to work based on where the cursor is pointing. And for some bizarre reason typing in a last name of MacDonald seems to always results in a last name of MacDonadl. I was sure that it was my typing but I tried it three times with the same result.

Also, any way to allow typing in max and min ages? The clicking becomes a lot when I want to bring the max age down from 952 years to something less Methuselahan.

Lonely Rogue

That's a vanilla problem, sorry! It happens all the time with me, particularly 2ith an x in the name.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

EdB

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 05, 2015, 06:55:23 AM
I do seem to have a problem with Naming My characters. The name boxes don't seem to work based on where the cursor is pointing. And for some bizarre reason typing in a last name of MacDonald seems to always results in a last name of MacDonadl. I was sure that it was my typing but I tried it three times with the same result.

Also, any way to allow typing in max and min ages? The clicking becomes a lot when I want to bring the max age down from 952 years to something less Methuselahan.

I wish I could figure out what was going on with the text input widget.  I'm using the UI code from the vanilla game for text input, but it seems like it sometimes just will not work properly.  I never know if it's a random problem in the vanilla game or if it's something that I'm doing wrong.  I've tried a handful of times to fix it, but no success.  Sometimes it works right, sometimes it doesn't.

Keep in mind that you can click-and-drag on the age numbers to change them.  Hold down shift while dragging to make the numbers change more quickly.