[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: FluffyChief108 on July 20, 2015, 08:47:54 PM
So, I downloaded the Mod for Alpha 11B. I Unzipped it. It's IN my actual Mod Menu, yet no matter what I do, when I start a new colony (on a new world, no less) that little thing for 'prepare carefully' never pops up. Help?

This is the most common cause of this problem:

Quote from: EdB on September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM
The most common problem that people run into is that they double-extract the mod folder from the zip file.  If the "Prepare Carefully" button is not appearing for you, make sure that you have not ended up with an extra directory inside your mod folder.  The mod contents should be in the "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory, NOT in a "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory.

mokonasakura

The only real option that I cannot find is the option to chose what injuries i have when I start. I have to let he game randomly generate it instead of letting me chose what I want.

Endovior

I've encountered an issue with Prepare Carefully in the Ultimate Overhaul modpack; bringing it to your attention as per Ninefinger's advice:

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 23, 2015, 04:20:17 PM
Quote from: tamariel22 on July 23, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
Quote from: Ninefinger on July 23, 2015, 03:36:45 PM
Quote from: tamariel22 on July 23, 2015, 03:20:57 PM
I just updated from scratch, base game to 11d build 877, and latest modpack. started new world, new colony (sigh..) and just happened to notice something - maybe it was there all along but missed it?
My pawns seem to have an extra skill that is out of the window boundary, below "research". there is something there, you can just make out the progress bar if you mouse over it. but what is that skill? no clue  :o
is it present in vanilla game or is it something a mod added?

That is the Fishing skill, but it is not out of and window boundary and is perfectly visible...
Hi Nine
if I select "Never use alternate tab panels" in the interface options of the game, I can see all the skills properly, including the fishing skill.
if I do use the alternal tab panels (which is enabled by default) then the fishing skill is cut off.
I am using my native screen's resolution of 1920x1060 if that has anything to do with it?
thanks!
Ok i see what you are saying now, this will have to be fixed by EDB you will have to post it on the original mod page. Just say that adding new skills get cut off using alternate tab panels. maybe he can add a scroll effect or make the window slightly larger.

I think the issue is that Prepare Carefully isn't currently able to address new skills added by mods, so they may or may not be visible, depending on your resolution/interface settings.

Also, while I'm mentioning things; since randomized starting clothing costs build points, and some mods add really expensive apparel, it's kind of important to curate colonists' random clothing choices... but it's sort of a pain to do so using nothing more than next/previous buttons, especially as the apparel lists grow in length. It'd be really convenient if it were possible to get a submenu for clothing in the same way as you can currently get a submenu for traits. Alternatively (or perhaps in addition), it'd be useful to have a 'strip' button that simply sets all the clothing options to 'none'.

thefinn

Any possibility to bring back random crash sites ?
(You had this in scenario's once upon a time).

Just a button on the map screen that automatically takes you to the "next" screen and picks a random site once you finish your character loadouts - it would really make Prepare Carefully shine imo. And take a little bit off that OP feel too.

Love your mods dude, won't play without them.

EdB

Due to issues with Dropbox downloads, I've decided to move the mod download to Nexus Mods.  The file size is small, so you should be able to download it without logging in over there.

kahlzun

Does anyone have a download for 1.9.3? Still playing on 11, haven't updated yet.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

EdB

Quote from: kahlzun on August 14, 2015, 10:28:54 AM
Does anyone have a download for 1.9.3? Still playing on 11, haven't updated yet.

I've attached the download to this post.  You need to be logged into the forums to see the link.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kahlzun

Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

iFailatRimworld

i have a problem regarding this mod. when i start a colony with cyborg parts using this mod, all i get is a single drop pod with potato seeds (i am currently using Ultimate Overhaul modpack) nothing else. no colonists but resources/materials on the ground. debug menu appears, says errors about Accessory, apparel blah blah and [insert colonist name] has already have Industriousness trait. also a system argument exception blah blah verbose stuff bodypartindex.

EdB

I just downloaded Alpha 12 and will start working on updating the mod.  No estimate of when it might be done.  Lots of changes in Alpha 12.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with pets yet in Prepare Carefully.  Obviously that has the potential to be a big change to the mod.

FMJ Penguin

Your mods are as important for RW as SkyUI is for SR imo. Maybe even more so. So thanks! Especially the UI one itself I just can't live without anymore.

Lil request though for nutso peeps like myself. A hardcore version of prep-carefully would be much appreciated and I'm willing to bet pretty pop with the other crazies who dig this mod but have zero self control while setting up their game :P

Here's the skinny:
You're only allowed to use a total of the points that your first 3 colonist's stats add up to in order to "modify" your landing party in any way.  Soooooo, if you want to start with ANY more than what you have you're forced to give it up somewhere on one of those colonists first. Oh and one last thing, points being used universally on resources and colonist stats just feels cheep even for the normal version haha. Like I said I have no self control!!

Pretty please with coked up strippers and whipped-cream on top  :-*  ;D
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

akiceabear

Hi FMJ - is this already accomplished with the "use points" tick box in Prepare Carefully?

Also seconding the sentiment that EdB mods are a must for the game! Thanks for these amazing tools!

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: akiceabear on August 21, 2015, 08:23:33 PM
Hi FMJ - is this already accomplished with the "use points" tick box in Prepare Carefully?

Also seconding the sentiment that EdB mods are a must for the game! Thanks for these amazing tools!

I wish, I really do cuzz I wouldn't feel like such a cheating fool while using it. Thing is even with that checkbox on, it still gives you "extra" points. Usually 2k plus extra points which works out to a pretty big advantage over what you would have started with especially if you dump it into resources instead of stats.  I'm horrible at explaining things in any comprehend-able form ahahaha. But yeah it's not a big deal or anything. I'm sure it doesn't even bother most folks but hey, couldn't hurt to ask. :)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

kahlzun

EdB

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 22, 2015, 12:59:10 AM
Quote from: akiceabear on August 21, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

I wish, I really do cuzz I wouldn't feel like such a cheating fool while using it. Thing is even with that checkbox on, it still gives you "extra" points. Usually 2k plus extra points which works out to a pretty big advantage over what you would have started with especially if you dump it into resources instead of stats.  I'm horrible at explaining things in any comprehend-able form ahahaha. But yeah it's not a big deal or anything. I'm sure it doesn't even bother most folks but hey, couldn't hurt to ask. :)

I get what you're saying.  The problem is that the game is pretty unbalanced as far as your starting colonists' stats are concerned.  Sometimes you get great colonists worth a lot of points and sometimes you get not so great colonists worth less points.  This is not a bad thing as far as the vanilla game is concerned--the randomness makes for good stories--but it doesn't work so well for me picking a good starting point value.  I felt like I had to pick a number so that you always start in a consistent place.  That's why you sometimes get stuck with extra points--it was better to pick a high number so that you get extra points than to pick a low number and have you sometimes start with negative points.

I've tried to balance things out as best as I can so that your points are as close to zero as possible when you start, but I've never been able to get it right.  Every time a new alpha comes out, I do tweak the point numbers a bit.  Hopefully, it will feel a little more balanced this time around.