[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAth

Just want to add my praise to the amazing mods you spoil us with, EdB.  Thank you for the effort you put into the continued support !! 

Cdr.Keen

be water my friend!

Jukelius

This has to be the best mod ever! Waiting patiently. :)

Traj

Have you thought about adding a way to change the points available. Maybe "+" and "-" buttons to change the value by 100pt or so. If people still like the randomness perhaps there is a way to have a button that randomizes the points available (say up to +/- 30% of your starting value... might have to change starting value). I am not much of a modder so I dont know how hard it would be.

I apologize if this was already discussed in one of the other 45 pages of this thread... i didnt read them all... just wanted to see if this was updated for b12.

I love this mod and is always the first one i check to see if its updated. I think this mod alone has caused me to have more unique and challenging games. (i made one where all my starting characters were brawlers but excellent doctors... now that was fun).

Bamko

Quote from: Traj on August 22, 2015, 09:46:57 AM
I love this mod and is always the first one i check to see if its updated.

Me too.  Should be option in game IMO.  If I were going across the galaxy to colonize some world, I would be very picky about who I take with me, and heck, we get to pick where we land, as well as who lands with us, but feels like I am wading through spammed resumes in the given UI.

Snownova

Quote from: Bamko on August 22, 2015, 01:29:42 PM
I love this mod and is always the first one i check to see if its updated.

Me too.  Should be option in game IMO.  If I were going across the galaxy to colonize some world, I would be very picky about who I take with me, and heck, we get to pick where we land, as well as who lands with us, but feels like I am wading through spammed resumes in the given UI.

You're not colonizing, you're crash-landing. But I agree I'd like to see this implemented in the base game to.

onezerotwo

Dang! I wanted to play Rimworld today but no update to Prepare Carefully means I must carefully prepare to be patient, quiet, and steadfast.

Some credit to the importance of your mod that I'm not really interested in turning Rimworld on without it! Thanks for making this!

EdB

Quote from: onezerotwo on August 22, 2015, 02:27:54 PM
Dang! I wanted to play Rimworld today but no update to Prepare Carefully means I must carefully prepare to be patient, quiet, and steadfast.

You can expect a release probably tonight or tomorrow.  I just finished adding support for alpha 12 features (you can now customize the animals that you land with), and I'm going to start testing soon to make sure that I didn't break anything.

If you're also waiting for the interface mod, that's going to take much longer.  You probably won't see that one until next weekend.

Cdr.Keen

nice, i really like to play, but i wait for your mod =)
be water my friend!

Ronin90

All i need is this one mod, i can't play without the min-maxing.  ;D

EdB

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 21, 2015, 07:30:43 PM
You're only allowed to use a total of the points that your first 3 colonist's stats add up to in order to "modify" your landing party in any way.  Soooooo, if you want to start with ANY more than what you have you're forced to give it up somewhere on one of those colonists first. Oh and one last thing, points being used universally on resources and colonist stats just feels cheep even for the normal version haha. Like I said I have no self control!!

Have you thought about adding a way to change the points available. Maybe "+" and "-" buttons to change the value by 100pt or so. If people still like the randomness perhaps there is a way to have a button that randomizes the points available (say up to +/- 30% of your starting value... might have to change starting value).

You know...you've convinced me.  This has always bothered me as well.  I want the remaining points" number to start at zero, but I also need it to be balanced so that saved presets work without the remaining points changing every time you load them.  I'm going to add a new option (not enabled by default) that always sets the "remaining points" to zero--more like FMJ Penguin's suggestion.

I'm not going to be changing the way that you can spend the same points on stats and equipment.  Trading off between where you spend the points was always how I intended it.

FMJ Penguin

lolz.... aw man that was too easy  :p

Traj's has a good point. Let the user decide the total may be the easiest? Even in a config file would be cool... maybe better that way so it wasn't soo easy to just revert back while in game haha. Or different versions for download easy/normal/hard variants. Just throwing stuff out there....

Hell bro, whatever is easiest for you. I'm just happy you're working on A12 support honestly. Still waiting on another mod to get updated before I even bother with A12 anyways. Yes, thanks to you modders I can't even enjoy vanilla RW anymore. Jerks, always thinking of yourselves you know?

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

TheGentlmen

God Job, your mod is just great. Can't wait to update...

mckinnal