[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeBug2002

LeBug2002

Quote from: Prester on August 29, 2015, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: LeBug2002 on August 29, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
Quote from: EdB on August 29, 2015, 04:10:36 PM
Quote from: LeBug2002 on August 29, 2015, 09:51:08 AM
Do the animals that you go with reproduce?For me they arent and I have them there for a long time.
Thanks I was really confused! :)
I'm not doing anything special when creating the animals, so they should reproduce as normal.
Thank you! I have two alpacas and they arent reproducing but I guess that it just takes a lot of time.  :)

exactly, 10 hours of playing on a map just equal 2 ingame years. so if they only breed every 2 -3 years you will have to wait 12 hours between every breeding. i would suggest chickens, like chicksplosion

RemingtonRyder

A little bit of feedback here. I love the 'no extra points' feature. Thing is, when you load a preset it doesn't load the points for that preset, it uses the points for the three randoms that were there before you loaded the preset.

EdB

Quote from: MarvinKosh on September 01, 2015, 09:43:32 AM
A little bit of feedback here. I love the 'no extra points' feature. Thing is, when you load a preset it doesn't load the points for that preset, it uses the points for the three randoms that were there before you loaded the preset.

I kind of realized this as I was adding the feature, but I decided to hold off on changing the way that presets are saved--mostly because I was trying to get it out quickly after the alpha 12 release.  I'll probably revisit this and figure out a way to include the point value in the preset.  I was a little worried that it might be confusing if you switched from no points added to the normal mode and back when loading a preset, but the more I think about, it should be ok.

zenfur

Bug report: you are able to make colonists wear apparel made out of materials they cannot be made of. For example hyperweave leather pants. It can be accomplished if there are next to each other 2 items with selectable materials. If you then select material in one item which another item can't be made with and change to that 2nd item, it will stay and cost you 0 points.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

EdB

Quote from: zenfur on September 02, 2015, 07:20:09 PM
Bug report: you are able to make colonists wear apparel made out of materials they cannot be made of. For example hyperweave leather pants. It can be accomplished if there are next to each other 2 items with selectable materials. If you then select material in one item which another item can't be made with and change to that 2nd item, it will stay and cost you 0 points.

Thanks for the bug report.  I will take a look.

Dragoon

That has been like that for a while since alpha 9 I thought you knew haha
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

NixxNikoli

Bug: Outfitting colonists with synthread parka causes drop pods to fail to spawn and throw some errors in the debug menu. Untested with other materials and sorry I don't have the debug menu text, gave them all jackets instead and had no further issues. Bug was repeatable after quit to desktop and game restart
Other mods used: RedistHeat, Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering, Tilled Soil, Craftable Guns

WilliamKids

Absolutely love the mod, the only one thing is, isn't it a little OP that I can decide to start without much ressources (sacrificing silver, wood, steel even meals if I want to) to give all of my colonists burning passions in every skills without busting the no extra points limit? To maximise the number of burning passions your colonist have you can sacrifice initial ressources which are not really hard to get back and this does feel a bit unbalanced. I know it's a hard balancing issue because how can you rightfully decide of how many burning passions should be allowed per colonist but I just thought i would let you know if you weren't already aware of it.

Thanks again for the mod, it's great!

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: WilliamKids on September 13, 2015, 09:43:39 PM
Absolutely love the mod, the only one thing is, isn't it a little OP that I can decide to start without much ressources (sacrificing silver, wood, steel even meals if I want to) to give all of my colonists burning passions in every skills without busting the no extra points limit? To maximise the number of burning passions your colonist have you can sacrifice initial ressources which are not really hard to get back and this does feel a bit unbalanced. I know it's a hard balancing issue because how can you rightfully decide of how many burning passions should be allowed per colonist but I just thought i would let you know if you weren't already aware of it.

Thanks again for the mod, it's great!

Daydreaming....

What if....

Passion points where limited by age. Say, 1 pp per 10 years of age or 1.5(rounded up). Would give me a reason to take old pawns :).  Granted it doesn't make much sense but it may work well in practice?
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Dragoon

Quote from: WilliamKids on September 13, 2015, 09:43:39 PM
-snip-

Are you serious? Dude you decide everything that is the point of the mob. If you think it's op then just don't make it op, this mod is literally made so YOU can choose everything that YOU start off with! It doesn't need to be balanced because it already is balanced. Everything costs points and if you have points on then you can't have everyone have x2burning passion in everything. In fact if you ever start with 3 people who are decent you maybe get 2-300 points to spend maybe.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

akiceabear

One possible solution is to have two types of points - some that can only be allocated to items (based on the default item loadout) and others that can only allocated to pawns, based on the starting stats of your random pawns.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: akiceabear on September 14, 2015, 06:41:25 AM
One possible solution is to have two types of points - some that can only be allocated to items (based on the default item loadout) and others that can only allocated to pawns, based on the starting stats of your random pawns.

Yeah, EdB aint keen on that idea though. Likes them being part of the same point pool I guess. Which is understandable considering the mod is alot about choice.

Honestly I just wish a simplified version was built right into the game which was a bit more limiting based around the original game's difficulty settings. It's nice to have the choice to at least change cosmetics and such but I just skip the item loadout entirely cuzz even one weapon change can imbalance the start of the game sometimes. :) Meh, don't mind me I'm just rambling. It's not like you use a mod like this for it's balance haha
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

NihilRex

Speaking of totally awesome imbalanced starts, is the 10 starting spawns limit hardcoded into this mod, or the game?

EdB

Quote from: NihilRex on September 14, 2015, 12:47:19 PM
Speaking of totally awesome imbalanced starts, is the 10 starting spawns limit hardcoded into this mod, or the game?

This is a limit of the mod.   10 is an arbitrary number that I picked due to the limitations of the tabbed user interface along the top--at some point, the tabs get so small that you can't read the names.  I could probably increase that limit by one or two, but to remove the limit entirely, I'd need to rewrite the tab interface to handle it--and really, rewriting that UI widget is not something that I'm eager to do.