[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ky

Quote from: mokonasakura on June 29, 2015, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: r4ky on June 29, 2015, 03:24:39 PM
Hi, can someone explain me why there is 2 age number in prepare carefully ?

like : Jude age 27-453

it is age of birth / death ? But i dont think so it look a bit strange to know the age of death
it is a random age between both?

Thanks for your answer
Actual age and chronological age. So i can have a character who's body only aged 29 years but has slept in a chrono casket for thousands. It's sci-fi stuff.

hmm i see ! thanks for the answer  ;D

Goldenpotatoes

As a suggestion for the item menu, what if instead of listing every single item and the potential material it could be made of, why not put each base item in the list and have right-click give you the option of choosing what material the item is made of? It'd clear up a lot of space on the list and make it seem a lot less cluttered.

Rampart

Great mod!
Would it be possible to "lock in" one or more traits and have it so randomly generated characters will always contain those traits? I think it'd be a nice option when you want a start to be less than completely random but don't want to fully define your landing party, and without having to click "Randomize" 100 times to get 3 cannibals, for example :)

EdB

Quote from: Rampart on September 30, 2015, 06:09:19 PM
Great mod!
Would it be possible to "lock in" one or more traits and have it so randomly generated characters will always contain those traits? I think it'd be a nice option when you want a start to be less than completely random but don't want to fully define your landing party, and without having to click "Randomize" 100 times to get 3 cannibals, for example :)

Interesting suggestion.  No promises, but I will take a look at how feasible it would be to add this.

Rekkr

I'm so thankful for this mod. What had always troubled me in this game was how randomly characters were created, and my perfeccionist side couldn't cope with it. I would reroll until I got the ideal people, and, as you surely know, and was the reason for you to have created this, it can take a long, long time. Therefore, this HUGELY improves the game for me.

Once again, thank you so much.

Ulf

Hello, have also installed this Mod and can also call the advanced Options and I create three Colonists. But as soon as I click on Next to start the map, I only get a window where I am asked to Make a Donation. About this Mod I can alsi start a Game.

Can I use this Mod after a Donation? I use the current RimWorld 12.9xx Version.

Text translated with Google.

Drahkon

There should be no such screen, I'd say your game or mod copy is tampered with.
If it's pirated, buy the game properly, what you have is likely to have bugs/viruses/trojans.
If not, re-download both making sure to get the mod from the link at the front of this topic and the game from the download link sent when you purchased the game.

Ulf

RimWorld I bought about rimworldgame.com and the mod I have loaded on nexusmods.com down.

I also have the EdB Interface Mod, the works. Thanks for the answer.

Text translated with Google.

Drahkon

Likely one of the mods then, I'd suggest disabling them all, then turn them on one by one until the issue returns, then you know which it is.

Purble1234

If I enable this mod for a12d with nothing but core enabled and try to go back to the main menu a box comes up saying incompatible or corrupted mods have been disabled, please help? (By the way I downloaded through Dropbox).

Drahkon

My best guess: delete it, download and extract it over again.

cucumpear

Quote from: Purble1234 on October 12, 2015, 05:38:10 AM
Tried but it didn't work :'(

I haven't had this exact problem, but I've encountered incompatible mods causing blackscreen in RimWorld that just removing the mods didn't fix. If you're on Windows you could try this:
- disable and delete all mods except for core
- go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios (AppData is hidden, so you may have to change the folder settings to show hidden files) and change the folder inside from RimWorld to RimWorldOld or similar (or cut/paste it to a backup location)
- start RimWorld, check if it works and close it again
- go back to aforementioned folder, there should be a new RimWorld folder
- re-download and install your mods

I wouldn't recommend migrating your old saves from the original folder, but if you don't mind possibly doing the whole thing over again you can try. :-)
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.