[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vagabond

Hello,

I'd like to put forward a feature request for the mod, though I'm unsure if it is possible. I think it would be cool to be able to create custom backgrounds through this mod, for use with this mod.

Is it possible?

-Michael

cucumpear

Quote from: Vagabond on February 11, 2016, 07:11:52 PM
Hello,

I'd like to put forward a feature request for the mod, though I'm unsure if it is possible. I think it would be cool to be able to create custom backgrounds through this mod, for use with this mod.

Is it possible?

-Michael

There's a Backstories mod already, it makes creating your own backgrounds really easy.  ;D
Here's the link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11730.0.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Vagabond

Quote from: cucumpear on February 12, 2016, 04:09:46 AM
Quote from: Vagabond on February 11, 2016, 07:11:52 PM
Hello,

Is it possible?

-Michael

There's a Backstories mod already, it makes creating your own backgrounds really easy.  ;D
Here's the link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11730.0.

Thats awesome. Thanks! Does it allow you to edit backstories in the game already?

Ncates1234

I don't know how about you guys but i have some problems with this mod...

First of all the point exploit, if you take sh*t load of items that gives -(numbers) save it, exit Prep's open it again, load that preset, remove those items added and for me atleast i had over 70000k points that i can spend.

Second: the preset loading, if i save it on 0 points and next time i load it, it gives me -(numbers)

Third: Item generating in game... If i order like 400 granite bricks from Prep, i get only 75
i believe that is one stack

Forth: Skills and equipment prices are broken, like clothes if i order cloth pants for one character and then same for another one, it costs difirently, skills sometimes add/take more than it should

PS:Tested WITH No points ON and OFF both setting are broken... Fix plis .-.

Bradley_

Would be a nice feature if you could export colonists from the game, and then load them when starting a new colony.

river080

Installed this, checked it in the Mods tab, went back to the main menu and nothing happened. Tried to re-open the game and it doesn't work anymore... it just stays on a black screen. :c
I also tried deleting the mod out of the folder, but that didn't work either. I might have to re-install the whole game now and lose everything. ;A;

Any help regarding this?

Beathrus

Quote from: river080 on March 04, 2016, 06:14:28 PM
Installed this, checked it in the Mods tab, went back to the main menu and nothing happened. Tried to re-open the game and it doesn't work anymore... it just stays on a black screen. :c
I also tried deleting the mod out of the folder, but that didn't work either. I might have to re-install the whole game now and lose everything. ;A;

Any help regarding this?

Seems like you might have removed your 'core' folder...

EdB

Quote from: Beathrus on March 05, 2016, 04:12:31 PM
Quote from: river080 on March 04, 2016, 06:14:28 PM

Any help regarding this?

Seems like you might have removed your 'core' folder...

It does sound like you have some kind of severe mod conflict (or missing Core mod).  If I'm remembering correctly, you can fix this pretty easily.  If you locate the game's ModsConfig.xml file and delete it, this should deactivate all mods and get you back to the vanilla state.  From there, you can try to figure out which mods are conflicting.

The ModsConfig.xml file is typically found in this location (on Windows):

C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config

Keep in mind that if you're working with a mod pack that supplies its own ModConfigs.xml, you may need to copy that file over again.

It's been awhile since I've had to fix this kind of problem--if someone else can confirm that this is the correct way to fix it, it would be appreciated.

forumaccount

Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

forumaccount

This was everything I hoped for and more. Not only did I squeeze in a low-skill "youth hooligan" 4th team member, but I ditched the pistol and the mostly-useless knife in favor of a chicken horde and a pile of hay.

"Traits" are a bit abusable or unbalanced but I tried to exercise restraint by sandbagging all my people with an unnecessary "heat lover".

What is everyone who uses this mod's favorite starting animals?
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

forumaccount

Passions sometimes exhibit an odd behavior where increasing a pawn's passion for a skill gives you a point discount. Is this your doing, part of the game / backstory-based, or a bug? I find it confusing. To my recollection, I've only seen it on skills that the pawn is bad at.

Backstories seem to cost around the same amount of points as manually-set skills would have cost. This is fair, but it makes backstories feel like pointless fluff instead of a life-shaping experience. What if randomly rolled backstories had a wee 10 or 20% discount?

Chadisko

is the developer still activ and a update for alpha13 is planed, or is the mod inactiv? No haste or pressure, it just wanted to know, because i love the mod :)

Dude1925

Quote from: Chadisko on April 06, 2016, 05:01:30 PM
is the developer still activ and a update for alpha13 is planed, or is the mod inactiv? No haste or pressure, it just wanted to know, because i love the mod :)

Dude, Alpha 13 literally just came out, give the guy a few days before asking.

Chadisko

Quote from: Dude1925 on April 06, 2016, 05:42:24 PM

i know, that is it why i say no haste or pressure. i don't want know a date , just is the dev still working on the mod or is abandoned

Dude1925

Quote from: Chadisko on April 06, 2016, 05:47:50 PM
Quote from: Dude1925 on April 06, 2016, 05:42:24 PM

i know, that is it why i say no haste or pressure. i don't want know a date , just is the dev still working on the mod or is abandoned

Well then I would assume he still is as there wasn't really a need to update the mod between now the last game patch and now, so we will probably here something from him in a week or so, given how he reacted to previous versions of the game.