[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Montesat on April 07, 2016, 03:33:35 PM
How long did the A12 EdB P.C. mod take to update?
This could give us a rough estimation of how long we have to wait for an A13 EdB P.C. update.

I imagine it'll be a little longer than that, giving that I bet he'll add in the social aspects - sibling/parent/spouse/ex-lover/etc - so that we can establish the starter's relationships with one another.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Ultimate Shrek Fan

Quote from: Dude1925 on April 07, 2016, 03:09:57 PM
Quote from: hoho on April 07, 2016, 02:40:56 PM
I'm almost certain prepare carefully won't be added to game (unless as a developer-mode) but interface should definitely belong in vanilla. I've been playing on a13 for a few hours and not having the portraits makes it rather tedious.

I have to agree with you partly, I think we should be able to customize the appearance of the first colonists we get at the start of the game, but the other features are a bit to cheaty to be vanilla, even with the points system being on.

I think that falls under the if you don't like it don't use it category.  Because its a really nice feature.

HereticMIND

Quick question: Would EdB's A12 mods still work on A13?

Looking to download and reinstall this great game.

Chadisko

Quote from: HereticMIND on April 07, 2016, 06:36:58 PM
Quick question: Would EdB's A12 mods still work on A13?

Looking to download and reinstall this great game.

EdB Prepare Carefully for alpha12 don't work with alpha13 :(

EdB

Just a quick update:

Six months is a long time--I have not played RimWorld or looked at any of my mod code in about that long.  I've been reserving judgement on what I was going to do about Prepare Carefully and the Interface mod until I got a chance to look at Alpha 13.  I was hoping I could do a quick update to make it compatible with the new features, without doing any kind of major rethink.  So far, that does not look likely.  It looks like there's a change to the way that the game loads up the map that is no longer compatible with the core technique that I used to replace the UI in the Interface mod and to swap in all of your customizations from Prepare Carefully when you start a game.

I will spend some time to figure out if I can tweak it a bit to get it to work--there are a couple of alternatives that I'm considering--but parts of it may need some significant reworking, and I'm not sure how quickly that will happen.

So unfortunately, I have no estimate on when you might see Alpha 13 versions.  It could be quite a while.

EnragedMax

Take your time! As someone who views your mods as essential mods, I will wait as long as is needed :)

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: EdB on April 07, 2016, 10:55:47 PM
Just a quick update:

Six months is a long time--I have not played RimWorld or looked at any of my mod code in about that long.  I've been reserving judgement on what I was going to do about Prepare Carefully and the Interface mod until I got a chance to look at Alpha 13.  I was hoping I could do a quick update to make it compatible with the new features, without doing any kind of major rethink.  So far, that does not look likely.  It looks like there's a change to the way that the game loads up the map that is no longer compatible with the core technique that I used to replace the UI in the Interface mod and to swap in all of your customizations from Prepare Carefully when you start a game.

I will spend some time to figure out if I can tweak it a bit to get it to work--there are a couple of alternatives that I'm considering--but parts of it may need some significant reworking, and I'm not sure how quickly that will happen.

So unfortunately, I have no estimate on when you might see Alpha 13 versions.  It could be quite a while.

As always, EdB - take your time.
I'd much rather wait months for a mod from you than you to rush, get burned out, and stop. I said it months ago, but it's still true - the last version of the game that you mod for will almost certainly be my last as well. Tynan has an amazing game, but by opening it up to mods, it's to the point that I couldn't play without them.

Your interface is essential to me, and being able to set up my colonists (within reason) adds to my enjoyment (I love running with just one and seeing how he/she ends up!).
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Montesat

Just a quick update:

Six months is a long time--I have not played RimWorld or looked at any of my mod code in...
Like the top two, take your time. We'll wait.
Frankly, not until A13, have I ever played Rimworld without your mods. Now that I have, I can see why your mods are so damn popular.
With that said; slow and steady wins the race.  8)

bigfuzzy

No. No. No.
Get it done. And get it done now. Seriously. What, you like have a life or something?
ME. WANT. MOAR!

Or, yeah, what the others said.. I'll be here waiting!
;)

Fluffy (l2032)

EdB, I assume you're aware of some of the 'new' techniques we've been discovering. The one of primary interest is probably method detouring, which should make your job quite a bit easier. CCL includes this, but the responsible method is easily isolated and copied if you don't want to include/wait for CCL to update.

jay_rab

Best of luck, and thanks for working on this and the interface.

EdB

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 08, 2016, 06:23:50 AM
EdB, I assume you're aware of some of the 'new' techniques we've been discovering. The one of primary interest is probably method detouring, which should make your job quite a bit easier. CCL includes this, but the responsible method is easily isolated and copied if you don't want to include/wait for CCL to update.

Thanks, Fluffy.  I have not been around in awhile, so no, I had not seen this method injection technique. 

I found a straightforward way to deal with the problem in Prepare Carefully--map generation wasn't mod-able when I started with the mod; I'm just going to convert it over to use that--but this could be a good solution for what I'm trying to accomplish in the Interface mod.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on April 08, 2016, 02:51:30 AM
[ I said it months ago, but it's still true - the last version of the game that you mod for will almost certainly be my last as well. Tynan has an amazing game, but by opening it up to mods, it's to the point that I couldn't play without them.

I'm of the same mindset, EDP's mods are "must haves" to enjoy Rimworld for me, and I'll be sticking with A12 until such as they are updated.

Cdr.Keen

@EdB

isn't it possible for you to convert Tynans "dev console" code for you stuff? With his dev tools, it is possible to change everything in the game - so it looks like most of the work is already done :)
be water my friend!