[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewby

Quote from: EdB on April 09, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
I have released a beta version of Prepare Carefully that works with Alpha 13.  Find the link and more info in the original post.

Keep in mind that there is more work to do.  It is not full-featured (which I guess technically makes it an alpha and not a beta), but it's a start.

Thank you based EdB, <3

Prodigga

Just created an account to say thanks my man. This mod is such a time saver. No longer need to sit there hitting "random" over and over when picking colonists. :)

pktongrimworld

Quote from: EdB on April 09, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
I have released a beta version of Prepare Carefully that works with Alpha 13.  Find the link and more info in the original post.

Keep in mind that there is more work to do.  It is not full-featured (which I guess technically makes it an alpha and not a beta), but it's a start.

<3 you man.

Goldenpotatoes

I'm honestly surprised he got an alpha version as quick as he did, very nice indeed.

NephilimNexus

Quote from: EdB on September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM
You cannot customize colonist relationships in this version.  Relationships are chosen randomly.

Suits me just fine.  If anything, I'd just want an option to just turn all starting relationships off entirely.

homeworlder

Appreciate the fast "hotfix" update, but it seems the mod doesn't work for me.
It's like it's not enabled at all, but i checked the file paths and everything is as it should be.

EDIT: After restarting the game, the button appears! Again, thanks for the update!

NoImageAvailable

Something I've noticed during A12 is it doesn't play well with mod-added pawn skills. Playing with the colony manager mod, it adds a new "managing" skill which wouldn't show up in the Prepare Carefully menu. I'm also adding a new pawn skill to CR which would run into the same issue. Its probably low priority with all the other A13 changes but it would be nice if you could include some functionality to let people see mod-added skills by giving the skill menu a scroll bar or some such.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

notfood

Crashes under Linux with no log as the only mod loaded. I think it's the same error of defered assets loading in Colonist Bar.

foist

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod in general and the quick a13 release in particular.  I'm a big fan of Rimworld but being able to craft my own characters at the beginning of their story is particularly satisfying for me.

Poebe

EdB

Quote from: Poebe on April 10, 2016, 03:54:16 PM
Prepare carefully-made colonists do not display social tab

Thanks for the bug report.  Will look into it.

EDIT: Can someone else confirm that they are seeing this problem?  The Social tab appears without a problem for me.  Maybe specific customizations that you chose are triggering the problem?  Or a mod conflict?

Arigas

I don't even get the Prepare Carefully button. Only mod loaded is the beta for this one and Core.

Dragoon

Quote from: Arigas on April 10, 2016, 05:00:19 PM
I don't even get the Prepare Carefully button. Only mod loaded is the beta for this one and Core.
you have to restart after you create a world for it to show up.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.