[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparhafoc

Registered to say thanks to EdB for this mod and for taking the time to update it. Much appreciated.

Lori1979

Since this morning this mod does not work anymore (started a new game). I have no clue why, because last night I played with the mod without issues....

Truthowl

Thanks Edb. This to me is a must have mod. I tried A13 out briefly without this and just couldn't seem to care for my survivors.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

keylocke

w00d

/bump, this is likely the most important mod ingame tbh unless you want to waste time click the random button until you get palatable colonists. Case to point last game my first 3 colonists had 2 no dumb labour and the 3rd got into a shooting argument with another within 1/3 of the day cut off his leg..

if you do not want to waste your time with unplayable colonists you just have to wait until Prepare carefully works.

goonygoogoo

Sweet modpack love it, curious about the work speed factor on workbench, particularly iron versus steel workbench. The iron one seems to give a better work speed, is this intended or am i missing something? looking at the butchers bench, haven't checked others yet. Iron gives 110% and steel only 80%.
Cheers

Mufflamingo

Quote from: goonygoogoo on April 14, 2016, 08:37:04 AM
Sweet modpack love it, curious about the work speed factor on workbench, particularly iron versus steel workbench. The iron one seems to give a better work speed, is this intended or am i missing something? looking at the butchers bench, haven't checked others yet. Iron gives 110% and steel only 80%.
Cheers

I dont understand. Am I lost?
Bleeeee. . . . .

Dragoon

Quote from: goonygoogoo on April 14, 2016, 08:37:04 AM
Cheers

Wrong mod lol
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

gigan

Man thank you so much for Making this mod.

Have you a donation thingy?   I'd like to buy you a six pack o beer.

HypnoToadTrance

Quote from: gigan on April 14, 2016, 05:53:17 PM
Man thank you so much for Making this mod.

Have you a donation thingy?   I'd like to buy you a six pack o beer.

I second this motion.  :)

phoenixmastm

Note to those who mod alot:

The current A13 version does NOT work with the GlitterTech mod. Found this out the hard way. :)

It will start you with a random party and the original random equipment if you try.

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: Lori1979 on April 13, 2016, 06:16:17 AM
Since this morning this mod does not work anymore (started a new game). I have no clue why, because last night I played with the mod without issues....

Same problem, it worked, started a new game, now it doesn't work

kosh401

Herzer

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on April 15, 2016, 03:56:59 PM

I've had this issue as well. What I noticed was after exiting a game and going to start a new one that the Prepare Carefully option wasn't there. I managed to get to work again by completely exiting out of Rimworld and then launching it again. That fixes the issue for me (until I want to make another world again). Hopefully this'll help you guys.

dmjcn

Quote from: Herzer on April 15, 2016, 07:21:35 PM
Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on April 15, 2016, 03:56:59 PM

I've had this issue as well. What I noticed was after exiting a game and going to start a new one that the Prepare Carefully option wasn't there. I managed to get to work again by completely exiting out of Rimworld and then launching it again. That fixes the issue for me (until I want to make another world again). Hopefully this'll help you guys.

Same, same, same. Except:

I opened up this morning, downloaded a bunch more mods and tried to start a new game, only to be getting random colonists and default gear.

I went back and removed mods one by one to see where the conflict was, but found no single mod changed it even after a reboot. Weird.

So i added all the mods back in a random order, and hey! I got my custom colonists to land, Sans custom gear (Notably, i added a pair of cows and chickens, which didnt show up.)

Played for a while until my entire settlement caught fire in the biggest BS flash-storm ive ever seen.

So i just now tried to restart somewhere else, and whadda ya know? Everything is random again.

So, in a fit on randomness, i - using modloader - shoved Prepare Carefully to the very bottom of the load list and, whadda ya know, its working! Custom gear and all!

TL;DR, try and Shove Prepare Carefully at the bottom of the mod load list and it might work again. I dunno. Im just randomly clicking things atm.