[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bczink

I'm playing on Alpha 13 and the Prepare Carefully button isn't there. I have the mod enabled in Mods, I did put the extracted folder in the mods folder. I'm using the Alpha 13 beta release, not any other versions.
gotta go fast

something776

Quote from: bczink on April 16, 2016, 09:17:16 AM
I'm playing on Alpha 13 and the Prepare Carefully button isn't there. I have the mod enabled in Mods, I did put the extracted folder in the mods folder. I'm using the Alpha 13 beta release, not any other versions.

I have had the same problem in the past, try deleting the folder in your mod's folder, and then putting it back in, that has worked for me in the past.

hwoo

It keeps the characters stats and looks but not the equipment I choose.

EdB

Quote from: Herzer on April 15, 2016, 07:21:35 PM
I've had this issue as well. What I noticed was after exiting a game and going to start a new one that the Prepare Carefully option wasn't there. I managed to get to work again by completely exiting out of Rimworld and then launching it again. That fixes the issue for me (until I want to make another world again). Hopefully this'll help you guys.

I am looking at these issues.  It sounds like there are a couple things happening that are causing the mod to not recognize that it should add the "Prepare Carefully" button to the vanilla character maker page.  The only definite scenario that I've found is this one: if you choose an invalid starting location on the world map, and it shows you a message like "You cannot land in this biome", it will not display the button as long as that message appears at the top of the screen.  You will likely need to restart the game to get the button to show up.

Again, I'm working on it.

EdB

Quote from: hwoo on April 16, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
It keeps the characters stats and looks but not the equipment I choose.

Quote from: dmjcn on April 16, 2016, 06:18:12 AM
TL;DR, try and Shove Prepare Carefully at the bottom of the mod load list and it might work again. I dunno. Im just randomly clicking things atm.

Just a note that this mod overrides the game's default map generation.  If another mod also modifies the map generation, it will conflict with this one.  The description of getting all of the characters stats, but none of their equipment--that sounds like something you'd see if the prepare carefully map generation is not happening.

Setting prepare carefully as the last mod in your mod loading order will guarantee that the prepare carefully map generation will take precedence, but it might cause problems for the mods that conflict.

DirkDiggler

Small Bug -

While in Prepare Carefully, it showed a relationship between two of my colonists (Wife/Husband), but when the game started they no longer have any relationship.

Could be mod conflicts but, figure it's worth mentioning.

EdB

Quote from: DirkDiggler on April 16, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
Small Bug -

While in Prepare Carefully, it showed a relationship between two of my colonists (Wife/Husband), but when the game started they no longer have any relationship.

Right now, it's just regenerating random relationships after the game starts, so any relationships that you might see before clicking the "Prepare Carefully" button are getting replaced.

I will be adding a way to customize relationships, so this issue will be fixed when that's complete.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: bczink on April 16, 2016, 09:17:16 AM

Maybe you have double folders? Mods/EdbPrepareCarefullyxxx/EdbPrepareCarefully
It happened to me and I made sure that the arrangement of folders were in order Mods/EdbPrepareCarefully . This happened to me when I extracted the rar files. But you may already know that but it doesn't hurt to check. XD XD XD
Bleeeee. . . . .

DirkDiggler

Quote from: EdB on April 16, 2016, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: DirkDiggler on April 16, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
Small Bug -

Right now, it's just regenerating random relationships after the game starts, so any relationships that you might see before clicking the "Prepare Carefully" button are getting replaced.

I will be adding a way to customize relationships, so this issue will be fixed when that's complete.

Okay no worries! Thanks for this mod, can't play Rimworld without it!

suivezlemir

thanks EdB for your mods and your hard work for the community ! I won't touch the A13 w/o Prepare carefully and EdB interface. Can we have a quick update as when you roughly expect to be done with them?
And thanks again ! you changed my RW experience (for the better :) )

makkenhoff

Quote from: suivezlemir on April 16, 2016, 02:39:54 PM
thanks EdB for your mods and your hard work for the community ! I won't touch the A13 w/o Prepare carefully and EdB interface. Can we have a quick update as when you roughly expect to be done with them?

This reminds me of a Dilbert strip. The (pointy-haired) manager called a meeting to find out why the project was (still) late, and expected daily status reports on why it was late (thus interrupt the daily workflow again) - the short of it is, everyone who's checking this corner of the forum wants to know the second this mod is working, but asking for status updates is potentially taking away from the time that could be spent working on this. I'm not speaking on behalf of EdB; just myself because I know how it feels when people do that.

winowmak3r

Quote from: makkenhoff on April 16, 2016, 05:20:24 PM

This reminds me of a Dilbert strip. The (pointy-haired) manager called a meeting to find out why the project was (still) late, and expected daily status reports on why it was late (thus interrupt the daily workflow again) - the short of it is, everyone who's checking this corner of the forum wants to know the second this mod is working, but asking for status updates is potentially taking away from the time that could be spent working on this. I'm not speaking on behalf of EdB; just myself because I know how it feels when people do that.

Exactly. I'm fairly certain EdB realizes how much people like his mods and is working as fast as he can to get them out. The A13 versions will be here when they get here. In the meantime, there's fluffy's pawn bar to get your pawn bar fix and I'm enjoying the added difficulty of not being able to decide everything from my first colonists childhood down to what color their shoe laces are.

Take your time EdB! Your mods are awesome and I have no problem waiting a while until you can get them the way you'd like before release.

Lumaan

Quote from: winowmak3r on April 16, 2016, 07:41:48 PM
Quote from: makkenhoff on April 16, 2016, 05:20:24 PM

Exactly. I'm fairly certain EdB realizes how much people like his mods and is working as fast as he can to get them out. The A13 versions will be here when they get here. In the meantime, there's fluffy's pawn bar to get your pawn bar fix and I'm enjoying the added difficulty of not being able to decide everything from my first colonists childhood down to what color their shoe laces are.

Take your time EdB! Your mods are awesome and I have no problem waiting a while until you can get them the way you'd like before release.
Last update to EdB's Colonist Bar got the memory leak fixed :)

winowmak3r

Oh really? Awesome, will give that a shot tonight then, glad I read this now as I was just about to start up another colony.

LORDPrometheus

Hey EdB i just wanted to say thank you. I make a fairly large KSP mod and know exactly how it feels to have an update show up out of the blue and wreak house. Modding is often very thankless work and people rarely truly realize how much work has to go into the smallest of changes. So once again thank you for sticking with it and continuing to be a prime example of what a good modder should be. Take it easy!