[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snownova

I have a question/feature request for Prepare Carefully: When selecting a colonists childhood and/or adult job, would it be possible to add a filter for skills and or forbidden tasks? Say I select the "Mining" skill filter, it will only show me childhoods that give +mining.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Snownova on April 17, 2016, 04:16:20 AM
I have a question/feature request for Prepare Carefully: When selecting a colonists childhood and/or adult job, would it be possible to add a filter for skills and or forbidden tasks? Say I select the "Mining" skill filter, it will only show me childhoods that give +mining.
I agree to this. Enabling and Disabling available tasks manually is what I want, I don't like my characters to be restricted. :<
Bleeeee. . . . .

geekest_cat

Quote from: Mufflamingo on April 17, 2016, 09:33:38 AM
I agree to this. Enabling and Disabling available tasks manually is what I want, I don't like my characters to be restricted. :<

But this is dependent on each pawn's backstories, and probably not moddable as it currently is.

Rasip

Quote from: geekest_cat on April 17, 2016, 10:55:18 AM

But this is dependent on each pawn's backstories, and probably not moddable as it currently is.

Why wouldn't it be? It would take a couple of hours and a bit of GUI tweaking to add a filter to the drop down list that the mod already adds to character creation.

BMS

Hate to post a bug without the full report but I got wife kids yada hopefully I can nail it down tonight - I built my 3 guys went to the next screen - took off the gun and the knife gave them 2 more survival rifles - needed points went back to the guys and went to remove social flame from someone and noticed instead of giving me points it took points away so in order to have +11 points or whatever I had to give everyone a flame in something they had no flame in before it was weird.  Then my doctor died of the plague (gimmie the watch) so I'll be restarting tonight I'll try and recreate it.

edit:
So this time when I entered the gear screen I had points left over - same thing remove the gun and the knife add two rifles - then back to the main character setup.  had 393 points put 1 fire on medical took away some points put two fire on medical and got 503 points - so this is great! I'll put double fire on everything have a ton of points !  No luck its only on the first thing I click previously social and this time medical.  and whatever "gets the bug" keeps it, I couldn't give the bug to the other two guys.  Just happened to do it on the 3rd and last toon didn't try to give the funk to the second guy though I'm sure I'll die again tonight and try and recreate it tomorrow.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

carpediembr

I'm having issues where it doesnt give me the modified version of colonists/starter items.

I'm going above the regular " points ", with the option disabled, and ADDING some mods as starter items (Seeds)

lance789

2 things...

1. Thank you for the "No Extra Points" option, it really helps my role-play even though i still get stomped into the dirt.

2. Any chance of an additional feature to choose or designate relationships with other colonists? like choosing who's sibling or lovers or married (all regardless of gender)?

Facade

Quote from: lance789 on April 18, 2016, 01:12:45 AM
2. Any chance of an additional feature to choose or designate relationships with other colonists? like choosing who's sibling or lovers or married (all regardless of gender)?

Yes.

Quote from: EdB on April 16, 2016, 01:40:57 PMRight now, it's just regenerating random relationships after the game starts, so any relationships that you might see before clicking the "Prepare Carefully" button are getting replaced.

I will be adding a way to customize relationships, so this issue will be fixed when that's complete.

Snownova

No, you misunderstand my suggestion, I merely want filters in the list of childhoods and backstories, not to manually toggle each work type.

calmatt

Anyone know how to get the a13 beta to work with the skill decay be gone mod? They seem to conflict each other.

CasereHG

Quote from: calmatt on April 18, 2016, 08:37:04 PM
Anyone know how to get the a13 beta to work with the skill decay be gone mod? They seem to conflict each other.

I use Mad Skills (if that's the skill mod you were talking about). In order, my first three loading mods are: EdB Mod Order, EdB Prepare Carefully, and Mad Skills, and it works fine with all my decoration mods after it.

Also, I found that if one of my mods glitch, I build a new world and colony helps to fix some things. So, if it's a saved game, you may not be able to use all the mods.

BMS

Quote from: calmatt on April 18, 2016, 08:37:04 PM

mod order? or just start dev mode and give them the skills I know not as nice but.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

andregerada

is anyone having the same problem where you don't get the colonists you created and get randomised ones ? it keeps happening for me , and I don't know why ? might there be a mod conflicting with it ? or is it a known bug ?