[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warden

Quote from: Vee on April 19, 2016, 04:15:15 PM
Quote from: warden on April 19, 2016, 01:52:10 PM
The A13 beta crashes my game right after i have finished customizing my dudes. Tested with and without other mods, as soon as i remove the beta, the game works fine. No idea how some people get it working?
Same here. But I believe my reason is that the beta just doesn't work with linux yet. Crashes even when the only mod. I've posted a crashlog before, where the problematic function is shown in a stacktrace.
V

This might be it, i'm running Linux too. I wouldn't have thought that to be an issue with a mod, but thanks for clearing it up. :) I'll wait until the next version.

Facade

Quote from: Severik on April 19, 2016, 04:40:35 PM
hi, i´ve noticed something thats a bit too much of a cheat.

my wife was creating a new colony and we´re using this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 with some others and ur´s. it adds the "Robot" Trait which is pretty imba with +100 mood and psycho influenz etc.

would be nice if u could do something to vorbid this trait from character creation.
It's not EdB's job to police the other mods that you use. Prepare Carefully allows you to make your colonists however you like, not be perfectly balanced.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Severik on April 19, 2016, 04:40:35 PM
hi, i´ve noticed something thats a bit too much of a cheat.

my wife was creating a new colony and we´re using this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 with some others and ur´s. it adds the "Robot" Trait which is pretty imba with +100 mood and psycho influenz etc.

would be nice if u could do something to vorbid this trait from character creation.

You could you know, choose not to add that trait at character creation?
Bleeeee. . . . .

Vee

Quote from: warden on April 20, 2016, 12:06:06 AM
Quote from: Vee on April 19, 2016, 04:15:15 PM
Quote from: warden on April 19, 2016, 01:52:10 PM
The A13 beta crashes my game right after i have finished customizing my dudes. Tested with and without other mods, as soon as i remove the beta, the game works fine. No idea how some people get it working?
Same here. But I believe my reason is that the beta just doesn't work with linux yet. Crashes even when the only mod. I've posted a crashlog before, where the problematic function is shown in a stacktrace.
V

This might be it, i'm running Linux too. I wouldn't have thought that to be an issue with a mod, but thanks for clearing it up. :) I'll wait until the next version.

Rimworld A13 itself brings a few caveats for linux (modded). For example loading textures the 'old' way doesn't throw any errors for windows, but linux crashes. I can't proove it, but I think they do things a little different depending if you run RW on linux or windows...
V

bczink

The Alpha 13 beta won't work for me.I am running with other mods, but even when I try to turn those off and only use EdB Prepare Carefully, the texture for the language is missing and the button doesn't show up for Prepare Carefully. I tried to delete the mod config, it didn't work when I reinstalled it.
gotta go fast

EdB

Quote from: notfood on April 20, 2016, 03:56:24 PM
Is the fix hard for Linux?

Just a quick update.  I will likely release a fix for this over the weekend.  I will need some help testing--I have Windows and Mac to test but not Linux.

I will prioritize that bug fix, but I am also working on other bugs and adding full support for relationships.  I did the design for the relationship UI this past weekend--it's a little challenging to fit more stuff in that screen, but I think it looks ok.  I just need to code it now.

Thanks for the continued patience.  Unfortunately, you don't always have as much time as you'd like to work on your hobbies.

warden

Quote from: EdB on April 20, 2016, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: notfood on April 20, 2016, 03:56:24 PM
Is the fix hard for Linux?

Just a quick update.  I will likely release a fix for this over the weekend.  I will need some help testing--I have Windows and Mac to test but not Linux.

I will prioritize that bug fix, but I am also working on other bugs and adding full support for relationships.  I did the design for the relationship UI this past weekend--it's a little challenging to fit more stuff in that screen, but I think it looks ok.  I just need to code it now.

Thanks for the continued patience.  Unfortunately, you don't always have as much time as you'd like to work on your hobbies.

I don't mind testing. Thanks for working on it!

Vee

Quote from: notfood on April 21, 2016, 01:53:29 AM
I can test it under Linux.
I'd be happy to test as well. Thanks for your efforts, don't neglect the RL for it and take your time.

cubbie899

God Damn Edb where do you get all the time for this mod? i know these mods are simple. but they are very vital to Rimworld, (Thanks by the way for the best mod)

MarineStardust

true that, it is a mod that i will never play rimworld without. i do hope this and the interface mod is updated soon

bczink

For some reason the Prepare Carefully button won't appear, and the language flag is replaced with a missing texture. I am playing on the Alpha 13 beta. I've tried to reinstall it, and I am using the beta version. It isn't in a compressed folder, so I'm not sure what is wrong with it.
gotta go fast

MisterVertigo

Read the first post in this thread. It has not been completely updated for Alpha 13 yet. It looks like there is a test "beta" version, but a full release is not ready yet. The Alpha 12 version will not work with Alpha 13.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Zaraelys

I am so looking forward to this and interface being updated for A13. I love these mods