[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Vee on April 21, 2016, 02:29:08 AM
Quote from: notfood on April 21, 2016, 01:53:29 AM
I can test it under Linux.
I'd be happy to test as well. Thanks for your efforts, don't neglect the RL for it and take your time.

For those of you running Linux, if you want to try out this version and see if it fixes the problem, that would be a big help.

Prepare Carefully 0.13.0.3

Let me know if you're still getting crashes.  This is mostly just an attempted fix for Linux.  There are a couple of fixes for an issue that prevented the "Prepare Carefully" button from showing up, and you might see a gap in the UI as I get ready to add a "relationships" tab--but no functionality available for that yet.

EDIT: Removed the download link.  A newer version can be found in the posts below.

warden

Quote from: EdB on April 22, 2016, 09:37:21 PM
For those of you running Linux, if you want to try out this version and see if it fixes the problem, that would be a big help.

Let me know if you're still getting crashes.  This is mostly just an attempted fix for Linux.  There are a couple of fixes for an issue that prevented the "Prepare Carefully" button from showing up, and you might see a gap in the UI as I get ready to add a "relationships" tab--but no functionality available for that yet.

The button shows up fine, but my game still crashes when i click Finish after selecting my colonists. It happened with and without customizing them, first i made just one guy and the next time went with whatever it gave by default. Also crashes with or without other mods.

The game launches fine if i never touch the "Prepare Carefully" button but still have the mod enabled.

notfood

I'd be happy to test as well. Thanks for your efforts, don't neglect the RL for it and take your time.

Crashes with no log under Linux.

Vee

Sorry to report a crash as well, but I got a log for you:
https://bpaste.net/show/dfc739cb6316

This is with only EdBPrepareCarefully (and Core) activated, after cleanining up ModsConfig.xml; new World, new Colony, no changes to the randomly generated Pawns made.

Vee

Linux users: How to generate a logfile.
This is undocumented, I am not affiliated with Ludeon, so take everything with a grain of salt.

1st - don't use the startup script supplied by Ludeon, it loads without logging turned on.
2nd - run the respective executable (RimWorld1135Linux.x86 or RimWorld1135Linux.x86_64) with environment and options as follows - substitute your executable if needed and the path and filename for the logfile:

RimWorld1135Linux $ LC_ALL=C ./RimWorld1135Linux.x86_64 -logfile /path/to/logfile

EdB

Quote from: Vee on April 23, 2016, 04:49:35 AM

This is with only EdBPrepareCarefully (and Core) activated, after cleanining up ModsConfig.xml; new World, new Colony, no changes to the randomly generated Pawns made.

Thanks.  Got it.  That makes sense.  I forgot about the textures that I'm loading to draw the colonists.

BMS

Quote from: EdB on April 23, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

Thanks.  Got it.  That makes sense.  I forgot about the textures that I'm loading to draw the colonists.

tried usb boot of Ubuntu 15.10 put rimworld on it - 10 mods like RT mod and more joy and all EdB and my "standard" play everything worked good for me.  no issues yet but I only got as far as building bedrooms but my template colonists showed up on the planet and my 3 rifles I always pick so it looks fine to me.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

bczink

The Prepare Carefully button won't show up in Alpha 13. I didn't double compress it, and I am using the Prepare Carefully 13 version. I did turn it on, and I turned off all other mods.
gotta go fast

madpluck

Quote from: bczink on April 23, 2016, 10:30:10 AM
The Prepare Carefully button won't show up in Alpha 13. I didn't double compress it, and I am using the Prepare Carefully 13 version. I did turn it on, and I turned off all other mods.

Super weird! I just launched a colony with prepare carefully working and created a new preset. Quit to main menu and tried to start a new colony (literally two minutes later!) and I am having the same problem! No change in my mod configuration or anything!

EdB

Quote from: madpluck on April 23, 2016, 10:35:58 AM
Quote from: bczink on April 23, 2016, 10:30:10 AM

Super weird! I just launched a colony with prepare carefully working and created a new preset. Quit to main menu and tried to start a new colony (literally two minutes later!) and I am having the same problem! No change in my mod configuration or anything!

It is very weird.  I've got a couple of possible causes that I'm investigating.  If you're not using the version that I posted yesterday (0.13.0.3; see the download link 4 or 5 posts up), give that a try.

Noedul

The button for body parts in the Hair/Head/Pants/etc. list also seems to be missing for me - is that new?

EdB

Linux users, please try this one:

Prepare Carefully 0.13.0.4

As has been described by Fluffy elsewhere, there was a change in alpha 13 in the way that the game loads mods, graphics, etc.  If graphics are being loaded in a separate execution thread, this is crashing Linux.  So the fix here is just to find all of the places where I'm loading graphics in a separate thread.  For the most part, it's obvious where I'm doing that.  With the version I released yesterday, I missed one place that was not as obvious, but hopefully I've got everything now.  Let me know.

EdB

Quote from: Noedul on April 23, 2016, 11:23:19 AM
The button for body parts in the Hair/Head/Pants/etc. list also seems to be missing for me - is that new?

That was a mistake on my part.  Try the newer version (0.13.0.4) in the previous post.  I'm in the process of moving some things around, while at the same time trying to provide a working version for Linux users, and I lost track of my changes and forgot that I removed that.  You'll see that there is now a "Health" tab to replace the "Body Parts" option.

warden

Quote from: EdB on April 23, 2016, 11:40:07 AM

Linux users, please try this one:

Prepare Carefully 0.13.0.4

As has been described by Fluffy elsewhere, there was a change in alpha 13 in the way that the game loads mods, graphics, etc.  If graphics are being loaded in a separate execution thread, this is crashing Linux.  So the fix here is just to find all of the places where I'm loading graphics in a separate thread.  For the most part, it's obvious where I'm doing that.  With the version I released yesterday, I missed one place that was not as obvious, but hopefully I've got everything now.  Let me know.

The game launches without crashes now, thank you! I'll test it further when i have time later, but no problems in the first 10 minutes. This is great. :)

notfood