[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazkur

On Win10 running A13 and it is not working.  I can do all the preparing without an issue but when I tell it to start the colony it completely ignores all the prepare carefully I sat up and I just get the standard 3 random colonists and standard gear.  Only other active mods are colonist bar and mod order

cassiusworthington

Quote from: Bazkur on April 23, 2016, 07:40:18 PM
On Win10 running A13 and it is not working.  I can do all the preparing without an issue but when I tell it to start the colony it completely ignores all the prepare carefully I sat up and I just get the standard 3 random colonists and standard gear.  Only other active mods are colonist bar and mod order
Same but for me i get no colonists at all

EdB

I'm sure you've checked this but I've got to ask.  You're using the latest versions of all of the mods?  I just put up a new version of the Mod Order mod that fixes some intermittent issues, and released two versions of Prepare Carefully today.  The latest are:

• Mod Order: 0.13.1.2
  • Prepare Carefully: 0.13.0.4
  • Colonist Bar: 0.13.0.3

Since you're not using other mods, this doesn't apply, but everyone please keep in mind that any mod that does custom map generation will conflict with Prepare Carefully.  I don't know off the top of my head what those mods are, but there are definitely a few of them out there.

Which order are you loading the mods?

It's strange--I'm also Windows 10 Alpha 13 and it works for me every time.  I can't get it to not work.   I'm not the only one that it's working for, right?

Bazkur

Quote from: EdB on April 23, 2016, 09:41:13 PM

I'm sure you've checked this but I've got to ask.  You're using the latest versions of all of the mods?  I just put up a new version of the Mod Order mod that fixes some intermittent issues, and released two versions of Prepare Carefully today.  The latest are:

Since you're not using other mods, this doesn't apply, but everyone please keep in mind that any mod that does custom map generation will conflict with Prepare Carefully.  I don't know off the top of my head what those mods are, but there are definitely a few of them out there.

It's strange--I'm also Windows 10 Alpha 13 and it works for me every time.  I can't get it to not work.   I'm not the only one that it's working for, right?

So I got it working but I'm not sure what did it as I can't replicate it now.  I do have the latest versions of your mods for A13 except the Mod order says it is 1.7.1?  But I just downloaded it today.  Mods were ordered as Core, Mod Order, Prepare Carefully, Colonist Bar.

Here are the things I did:

• Disabled the mods, deleted my world, and started again.  Didn't seem to help.
  • Created another new world using the default random seed it gave me whereas I was using a custom seed but still just random characters.  Didn't help
  • Closed Game again, booted up and used the same world I had just created and loaded the preset, and now it works!  No idea what if any of those things fixed it.

I'll play around with it some more and see if I can break it again but for now it looks to be working.  Thanks!

EdB

Quote from: Bazkur on April 23, 2016, 10:11:18 PM
So I got it working but I'm not sure what did it as I can't replicate it now.  I do have the latest versions of your mods for A13 except the Mod order says it is 1.7.1?  But I just downloaded it today.  Mods were ordered as Core, Mod Order, Prepare Carefully, Colonist Bar.

• Created another new world using the default random seed it gave me whereas I was using a custom seed but still just random characters.  Didn't help
  • Closed Game again, booted up and used the same world I had just created and loaded the preset, and now it works!  No idea what if any of those things fixed it.

I'll play around with it some more and see if I can break it again but for now it looks to be working.  Thanks!

Definitely grab the latest Mod Order mod, which I released today.  I'm changing the versioning scheme on all of my mods--the one you want is 0.13.1.2.

cassiusworthington

i have been trying to fix it for like 3 hours but i cant *sigh* after i updated the alpha 13 version it stopped working

pktongrimworld

Lumaan

One thing I've seen a few modders say is with A13 best to always restart the game when enabling mods, some change in how the mods are loaded with A13. So enable mod(s) -> restart game -> less error  8)
And another thing, always delete the mod when updating, there can be file name changes and so on. *Talking about any mods for any games. :) *

cassiusworthington

Quote from: Lumaan on April 23, 2016, 11:19:08 PM

One thing I've seen a few modders say is with A13 best to always restart the game when enabling mods, some change in how the mods are loaded with A13. So enable mod(s) -> restart game -> less error  8)
And another thing, always delete the mod when updating, there can be file name changes and so on. *Talking about any mods for any games. :) *
nope nothing works the only mod i truly wanted broke after the update :(

notfood

Can you check if you extracted the folder right? Perhaps the folder mod is nested inside another folder.

cassiusworthington

Quote from: notfood on April 24, 2016, 02:22:49 PM
Can you check if you extracted the folder right? Perhaps the folder mod is nested inside another folder.
im pretty sure i did it right

cassiusworthington

here's a photo of part of the error
https://goo.gl/photos/1k53mx4PnzbJYTaX6

EdB

Quote from: cassiusworthington on April 24, 2016, 10:43:19 PM
here's a photo of part of the error
https://goo.gl/photos/1k53mx4PnzbJYTaX6

It's trying to spawn an item on the map, and it's failing.  There's something about one of those items that Prepare Carefully is not handling well.  When you customized your equipment and apparel, did you select items from one or more of the other mods that you have enabled?  A screen grab of the equipment screen would be useful or a list of the items from other mods that you're adding.

cassiusworthington

https://goo.gl/photos/1k53mx4PnzbJYTaX6 (new photo) removes Gauss rifle and heat cannon . . . it works thank you but would you know why it would not work before?