[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kivey

I have a small issue where the mod wont activate, the button is there, i dont have it double extracted, but when i hit the button it wont activate. the red code says: Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. im not sure whats wrong.

ratlord13

Charchu

Just wondering, but does the v13 beta work with crashlanding's compatibility mod? If so, what order should they be in? Cause when i tried to do this it didnt work, i must've done something wrong.

Lost56

Quote from: Charchu on June 01, 2016, 04:48:55 AM
Just wondering, but does the v13 beta work with crashlanding's compatibility mod? If so, what order should they be in? Cause when i tried to do this it didnt work, i must've done something wrong.

i got the crashlanding mod installed as well as and it works for me. my order is EdB Prepare Carefully then crashlanding.

Em

Is there a sourcecode for the Alpha 13 version? I wanted to add some relationship functionality. I just need to edit something in Genstep_Colonists.

InfiniteRemnant

So, is it supposed to be pronounced "E. D. B." "Ed B." or "E. Decibel"? or something else entirely?

calouro1

So im having a issue here,i have only edb prepare carefully 1.10.1 installed,but it seems that when i create a game with it,the game is unnable to load an unknown file and than no colonists land i really cant play the game when this mod is on,because it keeps getting glitched and sayng bodypart cant load because of <unknwon file> and i really donw know how to fix it ;-;

passi965

Quote from: calouro1 on June 07, 2016, 07:36:40 PM
So im having a issue here,i have only edb prepare carefully 1.10.1 installed,but it seems that when i create a game with it,the game is unnable to load an unknown file and than no colonists land i really cant play the game when this mod is on,because it keeps getting glitched and sayng bodypart cant load because of <unknwon file> and i really donw know how to fix it ;-;
It's because your are using the alpha 12 version and not the alpha 13 Beta (Version 0.13.0.4), you might wanna try that version.

brucethemoose

Quote from: Em on June 03, 2016, 07:49:51 AM
Is there a sourcecode for the Alpha 13 version? I wanted to add some relationship functionality. I just need to edit something in Genstep_Colonists.

Not that I know of.

EDB hasn't been logged in since May 15, so we'll probably have to wait until this is (sorta) implemented in vanilla with A14.

EdB

Quote from: ratlord13 on May 31, 2016, 01:04:01 PM
When will the next update for this mod be out?

I am still working on it.  It's been going very slowly just because I have not had as much time as I'd like.  I've got custom relationships working and also added more flexibility around the starting injuries and ailments.  That's all working ok, but with some quirks that I need to figure out.  After that, I'll need to decide how much time to put into fixing existing bugs and adding other features that have been requested.

And then of course, if alpha 14 does in fact land in July, that's going to turn everything upside-down with the scenario system.  It's likely that it will take a lot of effort to line things up to work properly.  That said, I am very excited that a scenarios feature is being added to the vanilla game.  It's a fantastic way to add replayability.

EdB

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on June 06, 2016, 03:10:18 PM
So, is it supposed to be pronounced "E. D. B." "Ed B." or "E. Decibel"? or something else entirely?

"Ed B" (but I'm starting to like "E D B"--which seems like the way that most tend to say it)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: EdB on June 08, 2016, 01:16:48 AM
Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on June 06, 2016, 03:10:18 PM

"Ed B" (but I'm starting to like "E D B"--which seems like the way that most tend to say it)

Lol, I always kind of thought was Ed B. But also really like E D B, it flows well, so have slowly switched to that in my mind as reading it.

Archemide

I can still go through the options to prep a colony, but *nothing* lands. No colonists, no food, no items. Game is not paused.
This was on a new colony on a new world, created after disabling old mods.

Apparently "And Prepare Carefully is throwing GenStep exceptions (which means it's not properly generating something)."
Someone on another thread directed me here.

Output_log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Exende

Quote from: Archemide on June 12, 2016, 03:09:22 PM
I can still go through the options to prep a colony, but *nothing* lands. No colonists, no food, no items. Game is not paused.
This was on a new colony on a new world, created after disabling old mods.

Apparently "And Prepare Carefully is throwing GenStep exceptions (which means it's not properly generating something)."
Someone on another thread directed me here.

Output_log attached.
That happened to me at first, but then I found out that it was a completely unrelated mod error that caused it, once I switched the order of that mod, it worked