[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archemide

EdB

Quote from: Archemide on June 12, 2016, 07:26:19 PM
All other mods were disabled at the time.

Be sure to restart after disabling the mods.  From looking at the log file, the map generator step that seems to be causing the error is this one:

MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage

There's no reference to that in the Prepare Carefully mod, so it must be coming from another mod.

EdB

I've got a new Alpha 13 release.  Take a look at the original post for more information.  Adding functionality for relationships and injuries was more complicated than I expected, and I'm guessing there's going to be some weirdness and some bugs in there.  Please post any bug reports to this topic.

I expect there to be a few bug fix releases, but I'm not planning any additional functionality for alpha 13.  There are some new bits that I'm still working on, but there's no way I will finish that before alpha 14 lands.

Yademee

EdB i love your mods, they are awesome :D.
And by the way :D, i can´t download it from the dropbox, maybe the download is broken? Everytime i try to download it, nothing happens.
Greetings Yade

Exende

using the newest version from a few hours ago:  (outputlog)

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.BodyPartDef,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.BodyPartRecord]].get_Item (Verse.BodyPartDef key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ImplantManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HealthManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

any idea what went wrong?

EdB

Quote from: Exende on June 13, 2016, 03:25:52 AM

Are you using other mods?

EDIT: I found it.  Looks like Prepare Carefully is not handling the implant/bionics recipes for animals in the "A Dog Said" mod (part of the Medical Complication pack).  I have a fix for it and will release it a little later today.  Thanks for bug report!

EdB

Quote from: Yademee on June 13, 2016, 01:58:54 AM
EdB i love your mods, they are awesome :D.
And by the way :D, i can´t download it from the dropbox, maybe the download is broken? Everytime i try to download it, nothing happens.
Greetings Yade

Is the link not working for you here in the original post, or over on the Dropbox site?  I noticed that Dropbox changed their user interface at some point during the last several months.  Look for a download button in the upper-right corner.

notfood

Is it compatible with Crash Landing?

I tried it (under HardcoreSK) and if you click "Prepare Carefully" you get sent to the main menu. Then if you try again, the button isn't there.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.BodyPartDef,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.BodyPartRecord]].get_Item (Verse.BodyPartDef key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ImplantManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HealthManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
^ from the log, seems to be the same error.

EdB

Quote from: notfood on June 13, 2016, 02:31:15 PM
Is it compatible with Crash Landing?

I tried it (under HardcoreSK) and if you click "Prepare Carefully" you get sent to the main menu. Then if you try again, the button isn't there.

I believe this is the same issue described a few posts up.  I have a fix that I will release sometime this evening.

Yademee

Hm i din´t do anything else but now its working :D
Thx for your response :D

EdB

Quote from: EdB on June 13, 2016, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: Exende on June 13, 2016, 03:25:52 AM

Are you using other mods?

I've released a new version (0.13.0.6) with a fix for this problem and a couple of other little issues.  Please let me know if you run into any other bugs.

EdB

After spending a little more time testing with some other mods, I've gone ahead and re-labelled the release as the first full Alpha 13 release.  There are still probably some bugs in there, but please try it out and let me know how well it works.

Justas love

Quote from: EdB on June 13, 2016, 11:34:47 PM
After spending a little more time testing with some other mods, I've gone ahead and re-labelled the release as the first full Alpha 13 release.  There are still probably some bugs in there, but please try it out and let me know how well it works.
Can i now modify the relationships?

wsensor

Haha I have a strange thing going on...

I made my colonists the way I wanted them.
Saved a preset (just cause I decided to restart the pc cause a windows update finished...)

Loaded Rimworld back up went to start a colony again.
Loaded Preset.

Went with a random location.
Colonists were not the ones I wanted (from the preset)

Tried again and again kept happening.

Mods Loaded:
CCL+vanillatweak
EDB Mod Order, Colonist bar, prepare carefully.
ARBRealisticResearch/NoATVRaiderspatch
ED-Plants24h

It always starts the new colony with the same people and base items from before I loaded the presets.

EdB

Quote from: Justas love on June 14, 2016, 10:00:38 AM
Can i now modify the relationships?

You can now modify the relationships--with a few limitations.  See the FAQ section that I added to the original post for more details.