[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

I'm using it with Crash Landing without issues and I didn't need an extra version.

Raf's

Doe's anyone still have the version prior to this one? i would like to take a screenshot of my colonist (i have 12 of them) so i can recreate them but since the presents don't work i can't do that.

Drahkon

Be handy to be able to import directly from a save file in cases like this.

TearDrop

You need a medal, i see hard work right here.

Alu69

Hi ppl and my personal hat off to autor of this great mod.
Can someone explain what is the stat next to age? Ty.

Luroshard

Quote from: EdB on June 14, 2016, 12:08:10 PM
Normally, this problem would happen if you've got another mod that also modifies the game's map generation.  If that other mod is loaded after Prepare Carefully, its map generation changes will take precedence and your customizations will be ignored.  You can find out if this is the problem by loading Prepare Carefully last in your mod order, but keep in mind that this might break the other mod.
I had the same problem and following your instructions, it was fixed! You're actually the best EdB around.

Brille65

I've waited all the time till this mod became compatible to alpha 13 but it still don't correctly :( having the same problem like some dude before. I create everything etc. etc. and then when the game loads it gives me some random dudes and none of the stuff i choose :(
I've tried everything, even complete reinstall with just this one mod installed, still the same :(

Edit:/ Nevermind! I'm an Idiot! I've deleted everything... besides the folder in %AppData%... Stupid me. Well. Now everything works again >.>

That_small_girl

the "prepare carefully" button doesn't work help?

Elixiar

Quote from: Brille65 on June 28, 2016, 10:39:11 AM
I've waited all the time till this mod became compatible to alpha 13 but it still don't correctly :( having the same problem like some dude before. I create everything etc. etc. and then when the game loads it gives me some random dudes and none of the stuff i choose :(
I've tried everything, even complete reinstall with just this one mod installed, still the same :(

Edit:/ Nevermind! I'm an Idiot! I've deleted everything... besides the folder in %AppData%... Stupid me. Well. Now everything works again >.>

Can you elaborate? What was causing the issue?
I've tried loading the mods in different order but either crash landing doesn't activate or prepare carefully is ignored and I am also given random colonists.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

MrBlazzar

Quote from: Elixiar on July 08, 2016, 06:12:28 PM
Quote from: Brille65 on June 28, 2016, 10:39:11 AM

Can you elaborate? What was causing the issue?
I've tried loading the mods in different order but either crash landing doesn't activate or prepare carefully is ignored and I am also given random colonists.

The way to get Prepare carefully to load is just putting it at the bottom of the mod list so it overwrites any mods that might change the mapgeneration.

If you have a mod that does overwrite the same files as this one you might want to check its mod page to see if the maker of that mod has a patch so it can work with this one.

Melayneie

I have an issue, I was wondering if anyone else was having.

I downloaded the new version and tried to click the button to customize my colonists. I click it and nothing happens! Is this user error? I wouldn't be shocked..lol

NM.. no idea what I did.. but it works now. ><;;

dynesteelcoat

Having a small issue, not sure if it's load order or not, but i go through everything with prep carefully, making out all the stuff, and when the map loads it gives me a random standard setup.

using latest version with mega mod pack and A13

EdB

A quick announcement:

After much deliberation, I've decided that I will not be updating Prepare Carefully for Alpha 14.

It's been immensely satisfying working on these mods and seeing aspects of them make it into the vanilla game, but it's difficult as a modder to not eventually lose interest and move onto other things.

I appreciate all of the kind words and feedback from what really is a great community and look forward to seeing what's next for this great game.

turnus

Quote from: EdB on July 15, 2016, 01:33:31 PM
A quick announcement:

After much deliberation, I've decided that I will not be updating Prepare Carefully for Alpha 14.

It's been immensely satisfying working on these mods and seeing aspects of them make it into the vanilla game, but it's difficult as a modder to not eventually lose interest and move onto other things.

I appreciate all of the kind words and feedback from what really is a great community and look forward to seeing what's next for this great game.

:'( There goes half the fun must have content. Thank you for the hard work sad to see this die. Kinda hope someone will work on something similar.