[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

sinogard

I have no modding or programming experience except that i have edited mods to change values for things. I love this mod so much that I am now looking for a decomplier to edit the DLL.

pktongrimworld

T.T

now I can't play rimworld anymore. I can't put me and people I know in it in it.

edit: I have very specific characteristics that just renaming won't do.

mussi

Thank you for all your great work here. Please, consider posting the source code so other programmers can continue developing this wonderful mod. And good luck with your future projects.

Nattiejim

Quote from: sinogard on July 16, 2016, 12:24:28 AM
I have no modding or programming experience except that i have edited mods to change values for things. I love this mod so much that I am now looking for a decomplier to edit the DLL.
Try JustDecompile to edit the DLL. Best of luck!
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Lady Wolf

R.I.P Rimworld a14+

I remember like many others, i said the last version that of RW PC is compatible with will be the last version I ever play.

Thanks for making such a fantastic mod, and I hope someday you return to RW and decide to update it.

Playbahnosh

Awwww man, this is so sad :(

As many have said before me, I myself cannot play without EdB mods either. Especially Prepare Carefully, which for me was THE selling point when I bought the game. I cannot imagine a game start without customizing my starting crew and items. I'm an RP oriented person, so while having scenarios is nice, I always treated Rimworld as a sort of "Sims in space" where all my survivors had their own stories in my mind. I streamed a ton of Rimworld on Twitch and I roleplayed for them, conversations, stories, all that. I NEED EdB PC for that! I need to be able to customize their appearance, their skills, their traits, etc. That lone "randomize" button just feels like an insult after having Prepare Carefully for so long.

I'm with the others here completely. Unless PC style customization makes it into vanilla (or some other modder picks up development on this) the last version compatible with EdB PC is the last version of Rimworld I'll ever play.

abo1984

I've pulled out all the code and started modifying it. Don't hold your breath though, lots of code to go through and haven't even gotten it to compile yet. Since I'm new to Rimworld Modding/Unity programming giving any ETA would be pulled out me arse. Someone who knew what they were doing could probably do this 10x faster than me but I'll work on it until unless someone beats me to it.

alaestor

Quote from: abo1984 on July 16, 2016, 02:54:13 AM
I've pulled out all the code and started modifying it. Don't hold your breath though, lots of code to go through and haven't even gotten it to compile yet. Since I'm new to Rimworld Modding/Unity programming giving any ETA would be pulled out me arse. Someone who knew what they were doing could probably do this 10x faster than me but I'll work on it until unless someone beats me to it.

If you have discord I'd love to help. If it actually tells you what is causing the mod not to load properly (in a log file or something) then fixing it will go a lot faster. throw me a pm if your interested.

evlad

Omg, it's ruined my plans to play a14
Please some nasty programmers adapt this mod for new version.

notfood

Huntakilla

Will not be updated to A14.. this is the end of an era. What a shame.

tanmerican

@EdB

Call it a bribe, or whatever you want. I understand losing focus or interest in something. I think it's an end of an era. I would personally send you money on paypal to update the mod and I think many others would too. If you started an indiegogo to fund the Alpha 14 update and to package your source files for someone else to take over (if you are truly DONE), I'm sure you could earn a fraction of the time, effort and love you've dumped into the most critical mod to my and many others ongoing interest in rimworld. I created an account after over a year of lurking, and months of live streaming on Twitch. Anyone with me on this? Speak with your dollars not your words here people...

-Rich

TheSilencedScream

I won't lie - I'm very sad to hear that this is the case, EdB.

Your mods, in my honest opinion, brought the game to a whole new level. I'm glad to see that some of your UI has been modeled into the game, but Prepare Carefully was what made the game special to me - I could figuratively create myself and my friends in the game, and that made the experience feel that much more unique. I hurt when they hurt, I was sad when they were starving, and I fondly remembered my friend as we butchered him so that the rest of us could survive another brutal winter.

I hope you'll reconsider in the future, but regardless - thank you for contributions. Your work has brought this game to entirely new level of enjoyment for me.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

MarineStardust

:( this mod is the sole reason of why i play rimworld, i will never play rimworld without this mod. EdB at least let someone else take over the mod if you not going to work on the mod any more, this mod is a must have for anyone playing rimworld