[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChris

It works well too, even with other mods. Also works well with scenarios.

neobim

Thanks so much, EdB. You really didn't have to do that but you did it anyway, and I really respect that. Thanks for the awesome mods. Still sad to see you go, but I don't blame you as maintaining mods through every update can be a very frustrating task. I think you've just made a lot of people very happy. By open sourcing it, the mod lives on, and you can always come back if you want to. Although I don't know much about RimWorld modding in particular, I'll try to contribute when I can as this mod is simply the greatest.

brucethemoose

I more loose end EDB, before you go.

Would you be OK with the future Prepare Carefully developer starting a new thread, and using the same name? We'd probably want a thread where the maintainer can update the first post.

EdB

Quote from: brucethemoose on July 16, 2016, 10:10:45 PM

Would you be OK with the future Prepare Carefully developer starting a new thread, and using the same name? We'd probably want a thread where the maintainer can update the first post.

Yes, of course.  No problem.  I do think I'd prefer if the "EdB" prefix gets dropped from any future version with which I'm not involved, but do whatever makes the most sense and is the easiest.

Iwillbenicetou

Thank you Edb, this is one of my Must Have mods for a long time. I know that most of the mod has been made into the game, and I hope Tynan gives you credit for those ideas. It's been a good time
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

fabl3d

notfood

brucethemoose

Quote from: EdB on July 16, 2016, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: brucethemoose on July 16, 2016, 10:10:45 PM

Yes, of course.  No problem.  I do think I'd prefer if the "EdB" prefix gets dropped from any future version with which I'm not involved, but do whatever makes the most sense and is the easiest.

Cool. Drama free transitions like this are so nice :D

Even if you're burnt out from modding (which absolutely means you should take a long break, at the very least, no question about it), you should stop by the forums and the workshop every once in awhile. You never know what might spark your interest again... I've seen that happen alot in the Minecraft Forge modding scene, actually.

MarineStardust

what about the steam modding side, will that be worked on. to ever who take over on the mod

LadyAth

CCL is not on Steam either and is used in a lot of mods now.  Just drop it in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

EdB:  Your mods have always been essential to me and even with the changes in alpha 14, it is still the case.  THANK YOU for not giving up and making it possible for others to pick up from you.  Modding should never have to be a chore, but your work has simply been amazing in making a great game even better! *hugs*

thefinn

Quote from: LadyAth on July 17, 2016, 12:38:23 AM
CCL is not on Steam either and is used in a lot of mods now.  Just drop it in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

EdB:  Your mods have always been essential to me and even with the changes in alpha 14, it is still the case.  THANK YOU for not giving up and making it possible for others to pick up from you.  Modding should never have to be a chore, but your work has simply been amazing in making a great game even better! *hugs*

I cannot agree enough. I haven't played a single game of rimworld without your mods since ... not even sure when, since you started putting them out maybe ?

I can't imagine playing without the interface improvements *shudder*

Lemml

Thank you for compiling it for Alpha 14 and making the source public!

DariusWolfe

IF the future developers on this want to move forward with a Workshop release, it should still be doable, you'll just want to link to the official channels to get CCL off-Workshop in the mod description.

On the flip side, given that many people will simply not read the description then start bitching about it not working and why should they have to download something somewhere else, it'd be totally understandable why you might not want to do a Workshop release of this mod.

Bartlett

Thanks heaps EdB! (for opening the source and going above and beyond for A14).