[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

This is alpha 13... Not 14
That is probably why it is starting randomly

Cefwyn

Like I said, I am using the 14 beta 2 version, not the old 13 one. But it's solved, I tried loading toons I had saved from V13 - those dont work anymore. After creating the same toon completely new, everything was fine.

kriana

I'd like to add to the chorus of giant THANK YOU's :)

dragonheck

i really do hope someone picks up the Prepare Carefully mantle because random just blows get good stats but wait your colonist is a lazy pessimist, get good traits wait your colonist has zero skills plus the hair mods lose out without this mod because i cant give my first colonist awesome hairdos don't care about relationships its nice but i couldn't give 2 pigs and a cow about it everything else the mod does is better like resources and the animals scenario editor is just a pain to mess with when i opened a tab to customize that wall of text just gave me a headache i like the pictures it breaks up the text wall crap  so ya i really hope someone will pick this mod up and continue your great work EdB because unless it gets better i will not play rimworld ps thanks for at least going to alpha 14

«Temple»

Its on a beta test with no errors from what I see on github.

Dave-In-Texas

sounds like we need to explore this new scenario system as it neary if not directly replaces prepare carefully.

thanks so much for all your hard work EDB.  i hope this doesn't mean you've moved on to other games but have instead found something else to mod :)

Bradleymee

no no no no NO! I just got this game and without this customization mod working it has broken the game for me. Teach me how you modded this and guide me through updating it and i will do it. I am so sick of getting games only to find out that its essential mods don't work anymore and the developer says "Meh, i'm bored and want to bring misery to everyone by not updating it anymore. so i'll just quit." UGH

fragglep0p

Quote from: Bradleymee on July 18, 2016, 06:09:46 PM
no no no no NO! I just got this game and without this customization mod working it has broken the game for me. Teach me how you modded this and guide me through updating it and i will do it. I am so sick of getting games only to find out that its essential mods don't work anymore and the developer says "Meh, i'm bored and want to bring misery to everyone by not updating it anymore. so i'll just quit." UGH

I want this, I deserve that, You cant be busy with life or get bored when i need something You make. pretty much what i got from that post

go back alittle and you would see its already been updated to A14

Riftmaster

The scenario system added in alpha 14 adds part of the functionality Prepare Carefully did, along with some things it didn't.

It allows customization of:
Number of colonists at start
What is on the ground before they drop (or if they drop at all, come to think of it)
What technologies are researched.
What gear the colonists drop with.
Probably some other stuff I forgot..

It does NOT allow customization of colonist skills, traits, health (and body parts), or equipped gear.

Imca

I cant seem to make the alpha 14 version work, I just get the default scenario editor.  :(

bewby

Quote from: Imca on July 18, 2016, 08:44:58 PM
I cant seem to make the alpha 14 version work, I just get the default scenario editor.  :(

the Prepare Carefully button is in the same place it always was once you've activated the mod, which is at the "colonists" screen, at the bottom center.

ithikari

You're a legend, thanks for updating it to 14! No more clicking random 100 times for this guy.

bewby

Quote from: TheNewTeddy on July 18, 2016, 06:56:37 AM
Would the OP allow me (or someone else) to take over the mod and upload it to the workshop? The game is hell without this mod, and I'd rather dump hours of my own life just to be able to make this game fun again, than see this mod die.

I hope someone or some group decides to take up the Prepare Carefully mantle after this. I appreciate all the work that EdB put into the mod. The devs obviously saw that value in them as most of them were implemented in the game in this update. However, as many have already said, there is no way to customize the individual colonists, which is what I always found to be the most important aspect of this mod. I enjoy randomness, but having absolutely no way of modifying the stats of the initial colonists (even in a limited way, such as selecting a type or "class" that informs the type of stats that get randomized) makes for a tedious experience getting started. On average I would spend 11 minutes rolling on random characters to get a decent first three. All of that can be wasted in an instant with a bad map. So the save/load preset options are amazing as well.

Even if whoever takes this mod over limits the scope of it to just that, I'd be incredibly grateful.

redb2112

I need some help.  This is A 14 version installed for Steam manually.  I installed the mod to \steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\.  I create a new mission, do everything up until I click Prepare Carefully, create all the guys, I even saved each one just in case, picked my gear, and when I start the game, it just reverts back to the default 6 guys randomly picked at the start.

I try deleting them all one by one, reloading my guys, loading a new loadout on the next screen, nothing seems to work.

Every single variation I think of to start a new match with the guys I created just reverts back to default guys.  Any suggestions? 

Its in the Mods folder.  The mod is checked green in Mods section.  It gives me all the correct options and acts like its going to work right until I click Start and get stuck back with default guys again.  I even created a custom scenario with all the correct loadout and correct number of custom guys.

Even manual changes in Prepare Carefully to the existing random guys like changing their outfit color do not stick.

I'm stumped.

Dead_Terror

Hello,

I just discovered this mod yesterday and can't get it to work on my game...
Sad to hear that you will stop continuing this awesome mod. It's a shame  :'(
I hope someone other will take care of this mod soon and update it.
I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Dead_Terror