[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raf's

Quote from: eskoONE on July 20, 2016, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: Raf's on July 20, 2016, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: Riddle78 on July 20, 2016, 03:20:17 PM
I just can't seem to get the A14c version of Prepare Carefully to work on the Steam version; The button appears,but it does absolutely nothing. What information do I have to provide so I can help you guys help me?
Having the same problem
if u have epoe and gilttertech installed, try disabling both. that was the issue for me.
Well that is a shame, very usefull mod i hope someone fixes the compatibility issue.
Edit: Still not working, well looks like i il need to whait until it's fixed or untill it's added in the vanilla game.

fragglep0p

Quote from: Raf's on July 20, 2016, 04:42:41 PM
Quote from: eskoONE on July 20, 2016, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: Raf's on July 20, 2016, 04:28:22 PM
I just can't seem to get the A14c version of Prepare Carefully to work on the Steam version; The button appears,but it does absolutely nothing. What information do I have to provide so I can help you guys help me?
Having the same problem
if u have epoe and gilttertech installed, try disabling both. that was the issue for me.
Well that is a shame, very usefull mod i hope someone fixes the compatibility issue.
Edit: Still not working, well looks like i il need to whait until it's fixed or untill it's added in the vanilla game.

maybe its just glittertech then, i have epoe and it works fine :/

denu

first edb your Mod is just awsom i used it since i think 11 could be sooner or later y dont know. and barely playd 13 because you dident officaly release it.

so now i have a request at all of you guys if i just use edbPC i have no problems eccept that the letters are going crazy.
But if i activate another Mod it brakes and say it couldnt find attribute cryosleep illness ,i testet it and also Burst wounded faild, so i think all of the injuries are effectet by that bug. mods i tryed Cheaper componentes and misc core also ED more vanilla turrents. all are from the steam Workshop.

i forgot to say it shows the window for edbPC but its empty

ok problem solved just restart rimworld the bug still appears but i can use edbPC
i hope this will help others whit the same issue

EdB

I think I know what was causing the issue of a blank window after clicking the "Prepare Carefully" button.

After you make changes on the mod screen (enabling/disabling or re-ordering mods), the textures that Prepare Carefully uses to draw it's user interface were not properly getting reloaded.  This would cause the mod to fail when it tried to display the Prepare Carefully UI.  If you quit out of the game and restarted, everything worked fine, but things could be broken if you made any mod configuration changes without restarting.  This seems to explain why it works for some people and not others.

I've released an update that I think fixes the problem:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

There may still be mod compatibility issues, but at least a couple of the mods that were mentioned as being problematic actually work just fine for me--so please don't assume incompatibility before trying it out with this new release.

falcongrey

Thanks EdB for still patching up a few things! <3 I'm sure someone else will take the mantel from here so you don't have to anymore. You've done amazing work. Hopefully something like this will make it into Rimworld during Beta or Polishing stage like the colonist bar has already!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Riddle78

I hope someone else takes up the mantle,too; EdB deserves their break. Though,I hope someone takes up the mantle sooner,rather than later; I'm still having the problem I had before; The Prepare Carefully button doing literally nothing. It doesn't even draw a window. The button literally does nothing. What information do I need to provide the people here for proper troubleshooting?

Sarelth

Quote from: Riddle78 on July 21, 2016, 02:34:49 AM
I hope someone else takes up the mantle,too; EdB deserves their break. Though,I hope someone takes up the mantle sooner,rather than later; I'm still having the problem I had before; The Prepare Carefully button doing literally nothing. It doesn't even draw a window. The button literally does nothing. What information do I need to provide the people here for proper troubleshooting?

I would start with mod list and order. That may help to narrow down the cause of your problems.

Riddle78

Here's my load order; Also,for what it matters,I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

-Core
-Community Core Library
-Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
-CorePanda Pre 14.00
-Additional Joy Objects pre 14.00
-Cupro's Drinks pre 14.00
-Dwarven Crafts 14.00
-Expanded Power pre 14.00
-Quarry 14.00
-Toxic Fallout Protection Suit
-Armor Crafting
-Bionic Replacement Crafting
-ED-Laser Drill
-ED-ReinforcedStuff
-Efficient Light
-Embrasures
-ESM - Mine Vein
-ESM - Mountain Temp
-Glitter Tech
-Hospitality
-Numbers
-Less Incident Trolling
-LT-DoorMat
-Mannable Turrets
-Medicine Kit Crafting
-Multiple Independently Re-Entry Vehicle
-Neutrainer and AI Persona Core Crafting
-NonDecaying Storage
-RedistHeat
-Replacement Organ Crafting
-Tilled Soil
-Training Rack
-Weapon Crafting
-EdBPrepareCarefully

I want to imagine that there's no incompatibilities with Prepare Carefully,though I can't be certain. As EdB said previously,some of the recently mentioned mods are not truly incompatible.

Sarelth

I have the same mods as you, but a couple more, so I am not sure why it would not be working for you at all?

I have my CorePanda stuff loaded after Prepare Carefully, I doubt that is much help, though.

Do you get an error in Development mode at all?

henk

EdB

Quote from: Riddle78 on July 21, 2016, 02:34:49 AM

In your RimWorld game directory, find a file called RimWorld_Data/output_log.txt.  This is a text file where errors are logged.  If the button is appearing as expected but doing nothing when you click on it, there's probably an error happening.  You might see some relevant information in the log file.

kinebudking

123nick

hey how does this work with scenarios? i assume this take precedence over scenario settings?

Riddle78

Alright,I got the log. Looking at the debug window I had open,it looks like an Argument Null Exception Error,if that's the right lingo. So,to anyone who can make sense of it,here ya go. Also,I added LT-No Cleaning Please! and RT Fuse to the load order,immediately above EdBPrepareCarefully at the end of my load order.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dragonheck

i am jut wondering but when making your colonists during actual play i randomly seem to get disabled work even though prepare carefully said they could do everything just wondering how to fix that?