[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemml

dawngael

I will miss your mods.  They are a part of Rimworld for me.  I want to thank you for your work on them and wish you well.

Havan_IronOak

I wanted to add my thanks to EdB for a GREAT mod.

They say the difference between a good programmer and a great programmer is giving the user what they really need rather than what they think they need. Dude you've done that with your mods.

EdB

Quote from: viperwasp on July 30, 2016, 02:39:04 AM
Also I don't consider this a bug of EdB as you can easily fix stats over 20 by clicking and adjusting them to the desired level at any time during character creation.

It's definitely not the way that it's intended to work.  The way that the game computes skill levels changed two or three alphas ago, and the logic in the mod didn't keep up with it.  So there are a couple of weird things that can happen with skill levels as you swap out backstories and traits, including going over 20 skill points.  In my mind, it feels like a bug, and it's actually the one I'm working on fixing right now.

Arcinius

Quote from: EdB on July 30, 2016, 12:29:02 PM
Quote from: viperwasp on July 30, 2016, 02:39:04 AM
Also I don't consider this a bug of EdB as you can easily fix stats over 20 by clicking and adjusting them to the desired level at any time during character creation.

Copy pasting characters with higher skills can also double their skills if you do it right. I managed to get a character with 85 shooting and 76 melee. I would have screenshotted but I wasn't thinking of it and they still managed to die in a horrible mechanoid attack.

Example:

Stage 1:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221016520831009/03B0B4F71C567BD7CC01B51872C667C63EC59A5F/

Then save that and paste it into the next slot

Stage 2:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221016520831187/F25C2BABE5F34F143659EBDEA723FA82479085BB/

Do the same, saving the character and loading the new updated one each time

Stage 3:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221016520831315/1BC17A289F13495E6F924710E02DA2869126B45B/

Stage 4:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221016520831508/87382BD6C542DDE1F079A751A6706E32BD6C7CE7/

Stage 5 and on:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221016520831690/1B4B45292D93F9271539421DD1DD3C162476F186/

Hope this helps. It only happens when you get a skill above 20.

It's definitely not the way that it's intended to work.  The way that the game computes skill levels changed two or three alphas ago, and the logic in the mod didn't keep up with it.  So there are a couple of weird things that can happen with skill levels as you swap out backstories and traits, including going over 20 skill points.  In my mind, it feels like a bug, and it's actually the one I'm working on fixing right now.

BaconBits

Ok bud, I'm using the latest RW update (0.14.1249) and EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5.

With only Core, Community Core Library, Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks, and EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5. I get this error again.
Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:ReBuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
Verse.<>c_Iterator1A4:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List'1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable'1)
System.Collections.Generic.List'1:.ctor(IEnumerable'1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:Do PlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:Load AllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m_5A2()
Vrese.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Vrese.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m_5A0()

Any Thoughts?

Edit: I did change the About.xml to <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 30, 2016, 03:34:35 PM
Ok bud, I'm using the latest RW update (0.14.1249) and EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5.

With only Core, Community Core Library, Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks, and EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5. I get this error again.
Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:ReBuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
System.Collections.Generic.List'1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable'1)
System.Collections.Generic.List'1:.ctor(IEnumerable'1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:Do PlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:Load AllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m_5A2()
Vrese.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Vrese.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m_5A0()

Any Thoughts?

Edit: I did change the About.xml to <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>

Anyone else seeing this issue?  I've tried to reproduce it, but I can't get it to happen.

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 30, 2016, 03:34:35 PM

Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'...

Any Thoughts?

Actually, I was able to reproduce it: make sure that when you extracted the zip, you ended up with a single Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully directory.  Make sure you didn't extract the files in a way that gives you an extra directory, i.e. you don't want the contents of the mod in a Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully directory.  You do want them in a Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully directory.

BaconBits

This is how it looks:
Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully
   Properties
   Resources
   Source
   License
   EdBPrepareCarefully.sin
   .gitignore
   EdBPrepareCarefully.csproj
   README.md

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 30, 2016, 05:57:37 PM
This is how it looks:
Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully
   Properties
   Resources
   Source
   License
   EdBPrepareCarefully.sin
   .gitignore
   EdBPrepareCarefully.csproj
   README.md

Take another look at the "To install" section on the download page:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

It looks like you downloaded the source code instead of the mod itself.  I'll add a note there to make it more clear that you don't want to download using the "Source code" links.

BradleyUffner

Quote from: EdB on July 30, 2016, 06:11:19 PMIt looks like you downloaded the source code instead of the mod itself.  I'll add a note there to make it more clear that you don't want to download using the "Source code" links.

For a little while there I thought Rim World had acquired the ability to compile and run mods from source code.

BaconBits

Quote from: EdB on July 30, 2016, 06:11:19 PM

It looks like you downloaded the source code instead of the mod itself.  I'll add a note there to make it more clear that you don't want to download using the "Source code" links.

I DL the zip file labled "EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5" earlier today. I'll redownload it and check it out.

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 30, 2016, 06:18:45 PM
Quote from: EdB on July 30, 2016, 06:11:19 PM

I DL the zip file labled "EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5" earlier today. I'll redownload it and check it out.

Sorry for the confusion.  If you accidentally click the "Source Code" link, it can be difficult to tell, because the source code file has the same name as the mod file at the top--but the contents are different.  The source code files are added by github automatically when I add a release there.  I don't think I can change that.

BaconBits

Well ain't that a bitch, LOL. I must have had too much blood in my caffeine system lately. Sorry for all the trouble, I am a noob with codeing.

Edit: Now I just feel like a tool, LOL

Mrfengshao

I'm sorry, We put your mod on the workshop on the steam.
We added Chinese, if you can, please upload your workshop to steam on mod.
Attachment is our added and modified Chinese mod. Please refer to our mod and update this mod. We all like him!

It is not easy for us to get on that forum.
Our country has a firewall to organize the outside network, and we are not good at english.

If you want to reply, please send it in my mailbox.
This forum is very hard for us to understand.
[email protected]
Or reply under http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734761947

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]