[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannibarRechter

It does work with the current build. But you don't need it to guarantee a trait, you can do that in the scenario generator
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: C0pper on August 09, 2016, 11:50:35 AM
QUESTION:
What's the "Point spent" for???
Probably just a hold-over. Previous versions had an optional point limit you could enable to keep your start comparable to a vanilla one.

Franklin

This has probably been covered in the last 87 pages, but when you save a character preset, where is it saved to? I want to share custom characters with someone, how do I find those preset files?

Edit: Nevermind! It was a buried AppData folder. We should add this to the original post, I figure.

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\PrepareCarefully\

H8ff0000

Anybody have any tips for using Prepare Carefully? Like any particularly good / fun / interesting settings (backstories, etc.)?

Adventurer

Is this even safe to use anymore? I've heard it breaks mapgen with some mods and it's incompatible with a lot of different character-based mods.

CannibarRechter

All mods that change mapgen are incompatible with eachother. Prepare Carefully is no different. Not sure about the character stuff.

Adventurer

QuoteAll mods that change mapgen are incompatible with eachother.

Ah, I see. This sounds like something CCL should be able to solve.

shhfiftyfive

this is probably my favorite mod...

(also use soylent green, less incident trolling, pawn state icons,  mine vein,
ed's omni gel, more vanilla turrets, embrasures, plant24h)

has anyone picked up the torch on this project, for the soon to be released alpha 15?

Lady Wolf

Just checking in to see if there's any chance of this being updated to A15?

If not please let us know here so those of us that plan to stick with whatever version of Rimworld is the last one Prepare Carfully works with can know ahead of time so we can back up our A14 installs and all our other favorite mods before they get updated to A15. (Especially since the Steam workshop auto updates mods so once A15 launches lots of mods will auto update to it as the creators release the new versions.)

theothersteve7

Dibs.

New guy here.  I've updated this mod to A15.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u3hdchkt9odfoa/Prepare%20Carefully.zip?dl=0

Download and use at your own risk. Also I'm not sure what the appropriate way to share this file is, so I'm open to suggestions.

It's not perfect but it should be usable. Two major issues - firstly, it no longer warns if you're using another map generator mod which would overwrite it; secondly, you can't start your colonists with the new addictions (yet). Neither of these issues are totally critical, though.

CannibarRechter

Opening a project under github appears to be a common answer to sharing files for rimworld. The other thing that is common is dropbox.

JLBShecky

Quote from: theothersteve7 on August 18, 2016, 11:01:46 AM
Dibs.

New guy here.  I've updated this mod to A15.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u3hdchkt9odfoa/Prepare%20Carefully.zip?dl=0

Download and use at your own risk. Also I'm not sure what the appropriate way to share this file is, so I'm open to suggestions.

It's not perfect but it should be usable. Two major issues - firstly, it no longer warns if you're using another map generator mod which would overwrite it; secondly, you can't start your colonists with the new addictions (yet). Neither of these issues are totally critical, though.

First off I haven't tried out this build as I am still rocking A14, so I can't give any real feedback. That being said I do have two thoughts that I felt are worth sharing.

First off I would recommend that you fork the project on github that way your changes easily be merged back into the main repository in the future and it makes things like other people contributing translations fairly simple if they know how to use git/github. Also github makes it fairly simple to do releases and versioning, so the end users don't have to worry about not being able to get a specific version of a mod.

Secondly, about the map generator warning. If I read the patch notes for A15 correctly, then the way that map generators are supposed to be added to the base game has changed in A15, specifically so that mods don't wipe out each other's changes. If you didn't change things to work the new way then you might want to look into doing such.

theothersteve7

Here's the github link.

https://github.com/theothersteve7/EdBPrepareCarefully

Going to need to find another map generator mod to test with.  I did have to "rewrite" the map generator XML, though it wasn't a whole lot of work.  I'm not really sure how multiple generators running on the same map would work from a design standpoint.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: JLBShecky on August 18, 2016, 07:20:58 PM

Secondly, about the map generator warning. If I read the patch notes for A15 correctly, then the way that map generators are supposed to be added to the base game has changed in A15, specifically so that mods don't wipe out each other's changes. If you didn't change things to work the new way then you might want to look into doing such.
that was my thoughts exactly

shhfiftyfive

that last update that added back in the budget selection seems to have bloated the budget cost for bionics. it was like 1500 points per before and now is like 4000 points per. so my budget went from like 15k to 40k which is insane.

or maybe the expanded prosthetics mod i just installed with the patch changed the values of the vanilla bionics?