[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackGyver

Right, thanks for confirming that Darius, I was suspecting as much. However, since it is made apparent by this mod and can create odd combinations, I was also wondering if EdB (or someone able to) might want to take the time to switch those named/incorrectly gendered descriptions to wildcards instead. That would be really neat!

Minor, really, but neat!  :)

DariusWolfe

I'm not entirely certain that's possible? If it is, I'd be thrilled, too.

There is a mod (currently incorporated into CCL, no longer available as a standalone for current Alphas) that allows you to create new backstories, and within certain limits replace existing ones, but I haven't found anything that indicates that editing existing entries is moddable.

Kyna Tiona

So I dunno if you've been watching the Psychology mod, but being a fan of both of these mods, I figured I would point this out and hope really hard it happens:

Quote from: Psychology on January 04, 2017, 11:18:49 PM
The Kinsey scale is compatible with Prepared Carefully but you can't set your colonists' sexualities, if that's what you mean. I don't know how difficult that would be to add. It's probably something that's easier for Prepared Carefully to do.

skullywag

EdB, is there anyway of getting the compatibility and attractiveness stuff included on the relationship screen so we can mess with it, this looks like a big ask as it might involve hacking thingIDs and stuff (the compatibility uses them as its random hash) but its something ive wanted to change for a while now. ( like to stick my family in the game, i know im a terrible human being...)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

cat2002

Preview of the character doesn't update correctly when changing clothing material.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

just-a-bird

Hi, I keep getting a bug every so often where I start a new game and my pawns never spawn. I originally posted about it in the Psychology mod's thread, because I thought it was a conflict, but according to the author it seems to be a problem internal to Prepare Carefully.

Here are the log entries I think are relevant:
Initializing new game with mods Core, HugsLib, Better Pathfinding, MineItAll, EdB Prepare Carefully, Allow Tool, Hand Me That Brick, Cooks Can Refuel, Refactored Work Priorities, Spoons Hair Mod, Hospitality A16, Numbers, Blueprints, Shift-Click, Roof Support A16, JTReplaceWalls, Day/Night Switch, Psychology, and Mod List Backup
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__737()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Faction Rimville has null relation with Rimville. Returning dummy relation.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.Faction:RelationWith(Faction, Boolean)
RimWorld.FactionUtility:HostileTo(Faction, Faction)
RimWorld.GenHostility:HostileTo(Thing, Faction)
Hospitality.GuestUtility:IsGuest(Pawn)
Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_NeedsTracker:ShouldHaveNeed(Pawn_NeedsTracker, NeedDef)
RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker:AddOrRemoveNeedsAsAppropriate()
RimWorld.PawnComponentsUtility:AddAndRemoveDynamicComponents(Pawn, Boolean)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.GenStep_ScenParts:ReplaceColonists()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.GenStep_ScenParts:Generate(Map)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateContentsIntoMap(MapGeneratorDef, Map)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateMap(IntVec3, Int32, MapParent, Action`1, MapGeneratorDef)

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.ThingDef,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]].get_Item (Verse.ThingDef key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ListerThings.Remove (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingContainer.TryAdd (Verse.Thing item, Boolean canMergeWithExistingStacks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.DropPodUtility.DropThingGroupsNear (IntVec3 dropCenter, Verse.Map map, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 thingsGroups, Int32 openDelay, Boolean instaDrop, Boolean leaveSlag, Boolean canRoofPunch) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.GenStep_ScenParts.SpawnColonistsWithEquipment (Verse.Map map, RimWorld.ScenPart_PlayerPawnsArriveMethod arriveMethodPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.GenStep_ScenParts.Generate (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoMap (Verse.MapGeneratorDef def, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateContentsIntoMap(MapGeneratorDef, Map)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateMap(IntVec3, Int32, MapParent, Action`1, MapGeneratorDef)

Here's the full gist: https://gist.github.com/1f532151736aaf1e39d75c521e7ebdbe
Here's my save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12713582/Craterton2%20%28Permadeath%29.rws

APBRainbowcar

"Prepare Carefully" Adds 50+ Power Armour. 70000 Berries 900 Charge Rifles. 700 Muffolos

BlackGyver

Every player sets their own challenges, and there's a "points limit" option for those that can't. Giving yourself a ton of resources on embark is no different than exploiting a vanilla game behavior, it's up to you to do or not do it, and you'll have no one but yourself to blame if it makes things too easy for you.

KelixKatz

what happened to the version that is compatible with humanoid alien races mod?

Mufflamingo

When I change the clothing material (ex. Cloth to Synthread) the color doesn't change. Its annoying. But when I start, they spawn with the right material and color.

No need to rush on fixing thus, I'm just reporting the bug. :)
Bleeeee. . . . .

BlackGyver

Hello!

I have a strange feature request, it's something that came to mind on a topic at first unrelated to Prepare Carefully; live pawns stored in a save seriously tank performance (even idle ones, and even pawns stored in cryptosleep caskets), too many on a map and it's death by stuttering.

Now there might be a solution to it that also happens to go well with Prepare Carefully; the ability to export/import pawns encountered during play and to store them in a different file than the savefile.

Not only would it make it possible to start a new game with an exported pawn you've found in your last one without going through tons of hoops, but it could also solve the issue of map overcrowding if given the option of a "hot" import (import a character previously stored in a file during an ongoing game) by allowing you to "store" a number of pawns aside without hogging resources.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

afairris

Hi EdB!
I'm sorry about this, Every time I try to load the mod, I get a big list of XML exceptions and the game won't run. I'm running A16, a fresh download of the mod from drop box and it's running on a Mac. This happens with several different mods, but not all, and the one I'm most interested in is yours. 
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could I get a hand? Also, my player.log file is too large to attach. Is there another way for me to attach it or get it to you?

Quintilianus

Do you( or anyone) happen to let me know how I eliminate limit or increase colonists' number more than 12? so that I could put more colonists in game. I WANT A HUGE TRIBE! :)

Brovahkii

Quote from: Quintilianus on February 12, 2017, 07:24:56 AM
Do you( or anyone) happen to let me know how I eliminate limit or increase colonists' number more than 12? so that I could put more colonists in game. I WANT A HUGE TRIBE! :)

You're stuck like that. It's not ideal but your only course to take (if you're that bent on not waiting to recruit colonists) is to use the dev console to spawn in extra members. You cannot customize them, of course, but it's as close as you're gonna get.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

MikeNew

Does it exist mod like EdB Prepare Carefully and Verify Start, but:
1. More customizable than Verify Start?
2. Do not cheat like EdB Prepare Carefully?