[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PGMP1979

Thank you so much for this mod.
ITS A MUST HAVE this days.
Looking forward to see it on A18 before its released so we can share any problems and compatibility.

Mods take time and effort, they are incredibly appreciated.
Thank again for your work and dedication to make this game a bit more awesome. ;D

mvargus

Quote from: Emottaja on September 22, 2014, 11:22:37 AM
Quote from: Preacher on September 22, 2014, 07:40:23 AM
Is there a way you could possibly tell us how we can modify the maximum amount of points? I'm kind of clawing my eyes out in anger since I can't seem to re-create the firefly cast. I mean I'm trying to have Kaylee with high points in mining/construction, Mal is great socially, with his guns and melee. Zoe is good social, awesome with a gun and sort of good melee, River is great at many things, Simon is a good doctor/researcher, Jayne is really stupid in everything but shooting/melee.

It seems basically having all of them is impossible, unless I spawn with 0 resources and they all have the skillset of 0 for everything.

I agree. Maybe a secondary version with +5000 points?
I started a game with TTM mod and pressed the Prepare Carefully button, the randomly generated colonists were already worth so much that the points were at -3000... had to set all their stats to 0 in order to get any starting items. :-\

Otherwise, good job. Like it a lot. :D

Just turn off the point counter and it will allow you to go over.  It should be a click/check box at the top of the window.

la2rscout

How long tell an A18 mod? I assume you are waiting tell the official release and not the unstable thats out now?

Devon_v

Quote from: la2rscout on October 30, 2017, 01:58:15 AM
How long tell an A18 mod? I assume you are waiting tell the official release and not the unstable thats out now?
A18 changed pawn creation and added new stuff along with a redesigned (and PCesque) window. It's probably not a quick port.

Canute

And Edb isn't active lately. Maybe he will update the mod when he recive the A18 release email.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on October 30, 2017, 06:49:05 PM
And Edb isn't active lately. Maybe he will update the mod when he recive the A18 release email.

Didn't EdB also move this project to github at some point just in case he doesn't keep updating, someone else can?

Kiame

I know this is a must have mod for myself.

I may start poking around in the source code and see how much work it'll be to make this work for A18...

JDamien

I agree, I wish I knew how to fix or update this because I agree it's definitely a required mod.

Kiame

When you select a scenario all the extra pawns will show up in Prepare Carefully but only the number that's expected in the scenario will spawn. Crash-landing for example, only the top 3 pawns will be used when the game is started.

I am going to try contacting EdB and see if they are planning to update this. I'll continue to read through the code in the mean time. If they are not planning to get this updated I can see about taking it over.

EdB if you want me to take down the download let me know and I'll take it down immediately  :)

PGMP1979

Thank you so much for the extra effort.
EdB is a must this days, i hope they update it officially soon.
It would be appreciated by everyone.  :D

whitebunny

I need this mod to even consider playing rimworld or checking out unstable versions at this point.
Making my own pawns is so addictive give me my fix ;(

Kiame

Quote from: whitebunny on November 04, 2017, 04:36:22 AM
I need this mod to even consider playing rimworld or checking out unstable versions at this point.
Making my own pawns is so addictive give me my fix ;(

I

More details a few posts up...

Page roll over, i'll copy my previous post again:

When you select a scenario all the extra pawns will show up in Prepare Carefully but only the number that's expected in the scenario will spawn. Crash-landing for example, only the top 3 pawns will be used when the game is started.

I am going to try contacting EdB and see if they are planning to update this. I'll continue to read through the code in the mean time. If they are not planning to get this updated I can see about taking it over.

EdB if you want me to take down the download let me know and I'll take it down immediately  :)

whitebunny

Kiame

bigheadzach

Call me a newb to this, but why do negative traits cost points rather than credit them?