[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefer

If you use edb prepare carefully test version for 1.0 you may notice some mods throw a "cannot initialize" when you try. I found if you keep clicking prepare carefully button while hitting enter repeatedly, it will eventually force you through and work just fine.

SansMasterBudaa :3

sumghai

Golden

Since EdB hasn't been on these forums since last September or updated that test version, is anyone else working on this mod?

Canute

Can i ask you, are you able to read or do you just able to write ?
If you would read a few posting back, you would notice there is a working version for 1.0
Just check the Github releases.

Golden

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. The link above says "test release 1" and also in the notes by the author that there will be a full release later.  To me, that means that the author was working on a better version, perhaps one where all of the bits of Prepare Carefully work correctly.

Since this forum shows that EdB has not logged in for 7 months and it has been almost 6 months for Steam, I feel that my question is valid.  I am hoping that EdB has just been working too hard on life and there will perhaps be work on the full version they stated, sometime in the future.  Or that someone else has been passed the torch and is completing the mod.  Information either way would be nice to have.

Canute

Or the alternative, EdB retire from Rimworld modding.
I think the latest version that work for 1.0.2096 was he last work for Rimworld.

KAPbl4

Looks like there's finally some movement. Check github.

Tocato

Is edb compatible with alien humanoid framework? Cant generate world and its the only thing i can think of

Canute

Basicly yes, i allways could create my custom alien pawn's with EdB PC.
But that don't mean it can work with all races, maybe you use a race that isn't proper defined.

Just deactivate that race and try if you can create a new colony.
When it work, then the race don't work with Edb PC and you should report it to the author of the race.
But when it still don't work, some other mod  cause it.

andrest07

It seems like the Color Coded Mood Bar mod creates an incompatibility with EdB, found this out after extensively testing my 148 mod modpack.

hauvega

With my custom crown types within one alien race,  I get this warning from PC: Prepare Carefully could not find a head type for the graphic path: Equium/Heads/Male_Average_BlankHead for the pawn: Alien_Equium. Head type selection disabled for this pawn
If I can solve this problem then PC works otherwise broken.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Tocato

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2019, 02:25:07 AM
Basicly yes, i allways could create my custom alien pawn's with EdB PC.
But that don't mean it can work with all races, maybe you use a race that isn't proper defined.

Just deactivate that race and try if you can create a new colony.
When it work, then the race don't work with Edb PC and you should report it to the author of the race.
But when it still don't work, some other mod  cause it.
hmmmm i think i got the problem. core/fluffys mod manager/edb/humanoid alien races/facial stuff. It seems its actually the latter that isnt playing well....even after adding the recommended alien faces patch in its front page. Its strange though, I can run a game with edb and facial stuff, or edb and humanoid alien framework,but not all 3 together.

Hmmm interesting response from edb last month. Looks like the problem also includes Psychology. Jeez all 4 of my essential mods xD

" Both the Facial Stuff and Psychology mods coded their integration with Prepare Carefully in a way that ties them to a specific version. If I ever release a new version, those mod authors have to recompile their mods against that new version, even if I didn't make any changes to the parts of Prepare Carefully with which they are integrating. There are other ways to code it on their end to avoid that problem (using a technique called "reflection", which admittedly is a kind of an annoying way to have to code it), but that's not the way it's done now.

ive looked at flipping the integration so that Prepare Carefully is integrating with them instead of the other way around, but to do that, I have to copy code that belongs to their mods into Prepare Carefully. If I do that, I would have to maintain that code moving forward. If they change something on their end, I have to do updates on my end--it flips the problem, and I don't know if I want to take ownership of that. If those mods really are no longer being developed, maybe that ends up not being a real problem. Let me consider it."

tsmt1001

How does Prepare Carefully work with RunTime GC? Are World Pawns deemed as unnecessary and wiped out when you run the clean-up?

Canute

This mod only work's on the colony generation.
Basicly after you started your colony you could deactivate it.
While RunTimeGC only works during gameplay. Mosttimes it delete dead world pawns you have no chance to rescurect anyway.
So there is no point of interaction between these mods so far i see.
When you got problems with RunTimeGC that it delete important pawns, you should maybe mention this to that mod author.