[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MozartF

Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2019, 03:31:11 AM
You are geting the same error ?
QuoteFailed to patch the game code as needed for Prepare Carefully. There was an unexpected exception.
Maybe you should post a logfile, the green "Share log" button prefered, that include the modlist too.
Look's like another mod try to patch this mod.

Yes, I have the same error...

Failed to patch the game code as needed for Prepare Carefully.  There was an unexpected exception.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.AccessTools+<>c.<TypeByName>b__1_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.AccessTools.TypeByName (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches:.cctor()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(IntPtr)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()
8)

Canute

Depend where this mod is at your modlist, try to move it at the end or at close at the beginning of the modlist, and check if that helps.

Alternativ try to find which mod try to patch PrepareCarefully.
You can try to look into each mod folder, into the patch folder for a PrepareCarefully entry.

Overquoted

Points Limit bug? Basically, when using the points limit, it seems to rely on whatever colonists were loaded in from the previous page. Changing the colonists within the Prepare Carefully menu won't change these default points. Example:

I load a Preset that has previously been at 0 on a prior colony. It is now at -1928. I then back out, randomize one or more colonists in the vanilla colonist window, return to the PC window... and now they are at 1252.

It kind of makes the Points Limit... arbitrary and not a great indicator of if you're making a super overpowered initial starting colony that wouldn't be possible without PC. Suppose it's not a huge deal, given that using PC is rather cheaty anyway... But I like cheating within limits. :P

Canute

You are aware that the clothing are randomized too ?

And even without PC, you can use the scenario editor to made a powerful starting colony too.
Ok you don't have pawn finetuning like at PC but still possible.

Overquoted

Quote from: Canute on November 07, 2019, 03:16:21 PM
You are aware that the clothing are randomized too ?

And even without PC, you can use the scenario editor to made a powerful starting colony too.
Ok you don't have pawn finetuning like at PC but still possible.

Yeah, but the clothing in my preset doesn't change. Everything in the preset is exactly as it always is, the only change is in whatever colonists I start with in the original screen. Going back and randomizing in the start screen can change those numbers, going back to the seed to have it randomize everything will make the numbers change drastically. It's weird.

And yeah, you can make a powerful starting colony without PC. I originally wasn't going to use that part of PC, but then realized spending a fair bit of time randomizing to get a good mix of skills was dumb when I can get the same result with less time. But I still like the concept of a Points Limit to prevent me from going overboard, so I thought I'd mention it's a little bit buggy/inconsistent.

TheMinekBolt

I seem to have an issue in compatibility, and I'm unable to determine which mod's the problem, as I'm a noobie in these things. So i installed the More Traits/Traits Expanded by TheFlameTouched, in which post he said that it's normal for the mod to warn you about uncompatibility. So i go aight lezgo, and launch the game. Everything's fine, can normally run the game, as long as I don't press Prepare Carefully. When i do so, everything's normal, but the trait system is broken. You can't add a single trait (there is no 'add' button, and there's only 6 traits, although the mod adds 53) nor am I able to switch traits by the arrows next to the trait name. If i do so a few times, half the screen dissappears (the skills part and the traits part). I believe it's because of incompatibility, and I'm here to inform. My mods are: Dubs Break Mod, EdB Prepare Carefully, While you're up, Aparello 2, Xeva's Rimhair. All was fine until i loaded the Traits Expanded. Please fix or explain. Going on the Traits Expanded mod to post the same thing, have a nice day :)

Gurrnt

My traits don't seem to work either, I keep getting these errors in the log:

Mouse position stack is not empty. There were more calls to BeginScrollView than EndScrollView. Fixing.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Widgets:EnsureMousePositionStackEmpty()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Options`1[RimWorld.Trait]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StatModifier.get_ValueToStringAsOffset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Trait.TipString (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelTraits.GetTraitTip (RimWorld.Trait trait, EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelTraits+<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<DrawPanelContent>b__4 (RimWorld.Trait t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Options`1[RimWorld.Trait].DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Canute

Gurrnt,
since you didn't include the whole log/modlist you should try to move this mod at the end of the modlist, or when it is allready near the end on top.
So it is behind or before mod's that add traits or other stuff.

Not every mod will work well together with EdB PC.

cintron

I hate to necro but is this compatible with the newest version? This mod has always been a must for me

eksynn

CEPMatos

Nice, new version released, pls update title!

Zhmur

After i manage implants and bionics in beginning, after landing not see it. What i do wrong?

Canute

Zhmur,
maybe not the latest version if you installed the mod manualy.
Maybe implants from a mod that cause problems or is imcompactible with PC.

I tried it with vanilla bionics and from RBSE, and both worked.

Zhmur

Quote from: Canute on April 27, 2020, 04:29:13 PM
Zhmur,
maybe not the latest version if you installed the mod manualy.
Maybe implants from a mod that cause problems or is imcompactible with PC.

I tried it with vanilla bionics and from RBSE, and both worked.

Installed from steam workshop, not manualy, just my first try change organs.
Try add mutated organs + bionics, maybe some mod add bug.
Thnx!

alexo