[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: King Of Natlanta on September 23, 2014, 10:40:44 AM
Would multiple traits be added?

You mean have more than two traits?  I can look into doing that.  I think the game itself allows it, but I'm not positive.  I would also need make sure that there's enough space for it in the UI--both in the mod UI and in the game UI itself.

Vozhban

It seems that changing colonist's age doesn't really work. Character screen shows unchanged value ingame.

Axel

From what ive seen it shows upto 4 traits. Im not sure if any more than 4 can be had or if it just doesbt show more than 4.
Also, not sure if its mentionet but, rather than choosing the amount of rifles and pistols could it be made so theres a slot per colonist where you choose the type of gun.

Spectre

Minor bug or perhaps I'm missing something. I gave my guy 14 points in shooting and made him incredibly pale. In game he's tanned with 10 points in shooting, I've also noticed it with other colonists I make as well, there skills don't seem to set properly.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Nimr_Tiger

Quote from: Spectre on September 23, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Minor bug or perhaps I'm missing something. I gave my guy 14 points in shooting and made him incredibly pale. In game he's tanned with 10 points in shooting, I've also noticed it with other colonists I make as well, there skills don't seem to set properly.
That may have something to do with the bug I've seen regarding certain values not saving properly in the presets.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Dude1925

If i were to want an easier start, or make it easier to add new mod items for testing/different start, what file would I edit, and what with?

Geoblazer5

Amazing! i was a little worried about the ccm mod not being updated anymore but this is awesome! :)

Neurotoxin

Looks awesome. Loving the interface and how simple it looks to randomly generate and modify pawns. That was my one problem with CCM was sometimes I'd like to randomize and modify rather than straight up create each and every colonist. Amazing work :D

EdB

Quote from: Dude1925 on September 24, 2014, 04:40:31 PM
If i were to want an easier start, or make it easier to add new mod items for testing/different start, what file would I edit, and what with?

In the latest release (1.0.4), you can right-click on the points text to shut off the point system entirely.  I'll make this option more obvious in the next release.

EdB

From what I'm reading, it sounds like there are a handful of issues where the selections that you make in the mod do not properly make it into the game.  I will work on fixing those problems.

Spectre

I have a small request, would it be possible to choose your colonist's body type? For example instead of being forced to have a big guy model when choosing a vatgrown soldier, would it be possible to make him slim instead?
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Matthiasagreen

Bookmarking this for later. I sincerely hope nothing in Alpha 7 deems this un-usable.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

EdB

Quote from: Spectre on September 25, 2014, 10:08:51 AM
I have a small request, would it be possible to choose your colonist's body type? For example instead of being forced to have a big guy model when choosing a vatgrown soldier, would it be possible to make him slim instead?

Unfortunately, this is a limitation in the game that I have not been able to work around.  The body type is directly tied to the colonist's backstory.  I will continue to look for some kind of solution, but from what I've seen so far, I don't think it will be possible.

Romi

Hey EdB can you make the mod more easy i mean balance the points to be easier.