[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Quote from: EdB on September 25, 2014, 10:36:50 AM
Quote from: Spectre on September 25, 2014, 10:08:51 AM
I have a small request, would it be possible to choose your colonist's body type? For example instead of being forced to have a big guy model when choosing a vatgrown soldier, would it be possible to make him slim instead?

Unfortunately, this is a limitation in the game that I have not been able to work around.  The body type is directly tied to the colonist's backstory.  I will continue to look for some kind of solution, but from what I've seen so far, I don't think it will be possible.

Ahh okay thank you for the swift reply. Another quick question, have you been able to implement the 'unique' traits yet? e.g Vatgrown Assassin, Hired Assassin, Deathjack etc? Or is that just another limitation that would be hard to work around?

Oh before I forget, thank you for this amazing mod, I really appreciate the work that must go into something like this. It's breathed a massive breath of fresh air into the game for me. :)
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

saipanhomie

Uhh Hi, sorry! Am I missing something? I have downloaded dropbox, and made an account, however the download "click" button in Dropbox is not working for me "https://www.dropbox.com/s/g52239vqg27g1f9/EdBPrepareCarefully-1.0.4.zip." Is there an alternate file download link? Great work by the way, the ideal of this mod looks awesome and I must have it! :)

skullywag

You shouldnt need an account you should just get a page withe a blue download link on it. Have you got some kind of security plugin on your browser or something, i dont know how this could not work?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

EdB

Quote from: saipanhomie on September 26, 2014, 02:10:28 AM
Is there an alternate file download link?

I'm not sure why Dropbox would behave that way for you.  As an alternative, I'll add the mod as an attachment to the forum topic when I do the next release sometime this weekend.

EdB

Quote from: Spectre on September 25, 2014, 12:14:15 PM
...have you been able to implement the 'unique' traits yet? e.g Vatgrown Assassin, Hired Assassin, Deathjack etc? Or is that just another limitation that would be hard to work around?

The unique traits are slightly problematic because their descriptions are often hard-coded with a specific character name or hard-coded to a specific gender.  I took them out at the last minute because I was worried that this was going to look like a bug.  I feel like it adds a lot variety to have them in there, so you can expect to see them soon--I think I've figured out a good way to handle them in the UI.

EdB

Quote from: zyklame on September 22, 2014, 03:14:04 AM
...the Headtype colors are a bit limeted can there also be the color scrollbars as for the ohter skins (hair, clothes)...

I tried to get this working, but unfortunately, this looks a limitation in the game.  I'm not finding a workaround that would allow me to assign a skin color beyond the five pre-defined options.  I'll keep looking, but this will probably stay the same as it is in the mod now.

Spectre

Quote from: EdB on September 26, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
Quote from: Spectre on September 25, 2014, 12:14:15 PM
...have you been able to implement the 'unique' traits yet? e.g Vatgrown Assassin, Hired Assassin, Deathjack etc? Or is that just another limitation that would be hard to work around?

The unique traits are slightly problematic because their descriptions are often hard-coded with a specific character name or hard-coded to a specific gender.  I took them out at the last minute because I was worried that this was going to look like a bug.  I feel like it adds a lot variety to have them in there, so you can expect to see them soon--I think I've figured out a good way to handle them in the UI.

I personally would love to see them in there. Although thinking about it I've never checked the description, I have changed the names of hired Assassin, Vatgrown Assassin etc and it worked fine.

I do wonder why it's hard coded though, when you roll a Vatgrown Assassin they always have the Mercenary Adult background and are always male. I understand it's for people who paid a bit extra to have the unique backgrounds but I think it would benefit everyone if those backgrounds were thrown into the pool. Why no female assassins? :(

Shinzy

Quote from: Spectre on September 26, 2014, 01:02:27 PMfemale assassins? :(

Well there's always Mie the Pampered ninja assassin! She's female! and terribly afraid of plants if I recall correctly

saipanhomie

Quote from: EdB on September 26, 2014, 11:44:54 AM
Quote from: saipanhomie on September 26, 2014, 02:10:28 AM
Is there an alternate file download link?

I'm not sure why Dropbox would behave that way for you.  As an alternative, I'll add the mod as an attachment to the forum topic when I do the next release sometime this weekend.

Alrighty, Thanks a bunch!

Spectre

Quote from: Shinzy on September 26, 2014, 01:38:55 PM
Quote from: Spectre on September 26, 2014, 01:02:27 PMfemale assassins? :(

Well there's always Mie the Pampered ninja assassin! She's female! and terribly afraid of plants if I recall correctly

Pretty sure she's pretty afraid of everything that doesn't involve outright violence.

DeltaV

Any chance we could get a version for messing around with, say, 1,000,000 points? :D
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

shadowstreaker

right click the available points thing and you can just disable points, so if you want a ridiculous amount of points use that

EdB

There is a new release available, v1.0.5.  This is mostly a bug-fix release that cleans up a lot of the problems you might have be seeing where the colonist customizations that you were making were not being reflected in the game or not being saved to the preset files correctly.  Please let me know if you continue to see issues.

Changelog:

• Added all backstories.  A backstory will now show a warning if its description may not match the name or gender of the colonist that you selected.
  • Added a checkbox option to the lower-left corner of the window that allows you disable the point system.  This replaces the option you used to see when right-clicking the points label.
  • The Load/Save Preset dialogs do a better job of remembering where you were when you close them.
  • BUGFIX: Skill levels are now correctly saved to presets and are correctly reflected when the game starts.
  • BUGFIX: Head type color and age are now correctly applied to colonists when the game begins.
  • BUGFIX: Skill point tooltips now immediately reflect changes.
  • BUGFIX: Some fixes to the way that body type is selected as you change your backstory and gender.  The body type applied to your colonists when the game begins should now match the one shown in the mod UI.

Kvarfax

I apologize for my English. In connection with a new version of the mod, has updated its Russification for him (only added the folder of the Russian language, and the mod description).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0gq5wmchgjyvr9/EdBPrepareCarefully.rar?dl=0
В связи с добавлением новой версии, добавил русскую локализацию для этого мода. Пользуйтесь с удовольствием, и будем надеяться, что автор мода меня не убьет!))