[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've released an Alpha 7-compatible version, v1.1.0.  Note that I am not taking advantage of the new material system yet.  Any apparel that you choose for your colonists will either be made out of synthread or out of cloth.

Full release notes:

• Added Russian-language translation (credit to Kvarfax for putting this together).
  • BUGFIX: Made the "Age" label localized and a little wider to better fit localized text.
  • Added support for Alpha 7.
  • Added a "Pants" layer to the custom apparel interface.
  • Changed the cost calculations to use the new base market value numbers.
  • Items that do not have these values are not available to add to your starting equipment.
  • Click on a trait or on a backstory to open a dialog with a list of all options available for selection.
  • You can now start with as many as ten colonists.

If I had to guess, I would say that this release might be a little buggy.  It's difficult to test everything, so I really do appreciate the help that every gives by providing bug reports and feedback.

If you're curious, I probably will not start working on the interface mod until this weekend.  I expect that update to be a little more difficult. 

shadowstreaker

Great work getting it out so quick and thank you for the great mod
Looking forward to the interface mod update aswell :)

LORDPrometheus

Hey EDB what file is the point limit in I wanted a cheat game so I'd set it higher

DDRMANIAC007

Good to know porting to alpha 7 bugs aside was simple. Thanks for quick update! This mod is a must for me as I can't stand the random nature of initial colonist selection.

EdB

Quote from: LORDPrometheus on October 02, 2014, 12:30:59 PM
Hey EDB what file is the point limit in I wanted a cheat game so I'd set it higher

There's no configuration file where you can change the point value, but you can just turn off points entirely.  Click the "Use Points" option in the lower-left:

EDIT: It will still show a point value in the lower-right, but it will switch from showing how many points you have left to showing how many points you've spent--and it won't care how many you spend.

Romi

Omg EdB you are awesome.I can't believe now you can have 10 colonists!! YEAH :D Thanks again EdB for making an awesome mod!

Iwillbenicetou

An update! I am contributing to all the spam about it. Though this is my favorite mod so far. I almost when checking out A7 looked for prepare carefully :(
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

EdB

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 02, 2014, 04:59:37 PM
-.- has that option really always been there? If so I am truly blind and need a doctor ASAP

It has not always been there.  It was added in the version previous to this latest release.  The early versions had no way to disable the points.

Timber

I'm having trouble getting this to work... Can't see the button at character creation screen and also my worldmap bugs out...
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

EdB

Quote from: Timber on October 02, 2014, 07:33:23 PM
I'm having trouble getting this to work... Can't see the button at character creation screen and also my worldmap bugs out...

Sorry that you're having trouble with it.  Does the world map works fine when the mod is not enabled, but bugs out with the mod enabled?  Are you trying it with a new world created in Alpha 7?  The only time I've seen the world map bug out is when I tried to use a world map created in Alpha 6.

Rex705

Love this mod I spent hours creating my colonist team it was great. I ran into an issue while creating my colonist. I don't know if it is from this mod or what but while I was looking at the endless list of background stories the game shrunk down to a tiny box in the top corner of my screen and I could not do anything with it so i had to quit out and start over.