[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerevar

you're not the only one casearcana, I had the exact same problem.  Author of more storage really needs to update his first post with the new download link xD

Kolljak

I am also having the same problem... runnin no mods idk why i am not getting the Buttons from what i can tell its only happening to me at the Starting Invintory screen where i pick what items i want dropped down with me.

skullywag

Quote from: nerevar on October 05, 2014, 02:43:44 AM
you're not the only one casearcana, I had the exact same problem.  Author of more storage really needs to update his first post with the new download link xD

I thought the giant text saying use my github and the "A6" in the old download was enough to wotk out which one to use...ill remove the A6 download if itll help but some people are still playing A6.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Casearcana

It was clear enough... on a second read-through. And it is clearly marked that the one link is A6. It would perhaps maybe be helpful to have both links next to each other clearly listed as "A7 -- More Storage" "A6 -- More Storage" or something, just so that things are clearly stated and not just implied. Not a big deal -- there'll always be confusion with new releases, I'm sure.

Kolljak

Bump

Still having the problem with the buttons not appearing in the inventory part. No mods running but this one still forced to Ctrl Alt Del the program each time. tried re-downloading it 5 times now... still nothing works.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on October 02, 2014, 11:10:57 PM
In general, if you run into the kind of issue that completely breaks your game, and you suspect that it may be the fault of a particular mod, it can be helpful to track down the game's log file and send that to the mod maker.  The log file is named output_log.txt and is in the game directory (i.e. RimWorld581Win\RimWorld581Win_Data\output_log.txt).  You can email that to me or find the errors at the end of the file and paste them in a private message to me--it's probably too much detail for the main forum topic.  The errors in those files can be really useful in tracking down where a failure happened and if it's a mod that's causing it.  The mod file gets rewritten every time you start a game, so any errors recorded from a previous game will be lost when you start a new game.

Of course, my goal is to make the mod stable so that you don't have to deal with the hassle of game crashes and tracking down log files, but I appreciate any help.  It's impossible for me to test everything.

Quoting from an earlier post.  It's hard for me say what's going since it doesn't seem to be a common issue--is anyone else seeing this when this is the only mod enabled?  Other info that would be useful: are you on Windows/Mac/Linux?  Does it happen only when you make certain selections from the character creation screen, or it happens no matter what--even if you just leave the defaults?  Sounds like it happens no matter what, but figured I'd ask to be sure.

Kolljak

Windows 7 I7 Prossessor Nvidia 660ti on a 1600 x 900 monitor only running this mod all by its lonesome hoping to find the mod that interfered with it funny thing is.... it still does it. even with all the mods off. ive even gone as far as removing all mods to desktop but this one... it seems to happen after i select my guys and go to the starting items that will fall with my guys. there is no finalize button... or numbers to indicate points left. everything else is there, just not that.

other then this information there is nothing else i can provide. Everything else seems to work just that menu in general.

EdB

Quote from: Kolljak on October 05, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
other then this information there is nothing else i can provide.

Sorry that it's not working for you and thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot the problem.  Besides getting a look at the game's log file, there's unfortunately not much more that I can do.  In the next release, I'll try to add better error-checking so that even if it fails, it will not force you to do a ctrl-alt-delete, and it will display at least a little more information as to why it's failing.

Kolljak

Gona try to launch it agian the ctrl alt delete and get log file if i can. ill post it here.

figured it out.. it was a strange bug that sent my points on the Character making thing to -862
did some tweeking and got it working for some reason it was allowing me into the next menu w/o having a positive number of points available so there was no way for me to possibly continue.

Possible fix would be include a button remover for when a negative number is in that value.... no + no button
so people cant continue forward unless they have a positive value or 0.

EdB

Quote from: Kolljak on October 05, 2014, 06:51:49 PM
...it was allowing me into the next menu w/o having a positive number of points available so there was no way for me to possibly continue.

Having negative points in the equipment screen should actually be ok.  If you have the point system enabled, it won't let you go past the equipment screen with negative points, but it should let you go back and forth between the character screen and the equipment screen with negative points.  If you've disabled the point system and you're seeing negative points, then something weird is going on--with the point system disabled, it should only ever show a positive number of points (the number spent).

Igabod

I just figured I'd let ya know that I just played a game using this mod as well as several others and had no problems of any kind.

EdB