[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 08, 2014, 12:46:47 AM
Quote from: bobtheconqueror on October 08, 2014, 12:41:02 AM
Just an fyi, it seems the attachment of the newest version to the OP is corrupt.  The dropbox version extracted fine, though.

Might be due to the recent website migration or it might not, there was a problem with images after they were migrated.

Thanks for the heads up.  I replaced it.

Igabod

Ok, after testing again it didn't happen until I randomized the outfit on my 2nd colonist (didn't think about doing that until after I set up the first guys clothes). I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe it's trying to load a piece of clothing that doesn't exist in the code when I randomize. If there is a file I can send you that details the errors then just tell me where to find it and I'll be glad to send it.

[edit to add] I did click randomize numerous times. On this one I set the first guy up with devilstrand clothes including pants, button-down shirt, Armor Vest, Raider Jacket, and Light Power Armor Helmet (from apparello). I also set all his skills to have double flames. Then I set the 2nd guy's skills to double flames and then went to randomize the outfit. They both had the backgrounds of adventuring child and colony settler. If you need more info I'll give it to you.

Omenpapa

I just bought the game recently, so I'm not too familiar with the balance atm, but i think ur mode should promote bad traits. Let's say we choose "slowpoke" which reduces our movement speed. The addon gives 30 stat point penalty for that over the "nothing" option. We should actually get bonus stat points for picking something like that imo.

Clibanarius

Moreover, getting into that kind of detail on the traits, Industrious and Jogger (30% work speed and +double the runspeed of Fast Walker) should cost more points than Fast Walker and Hard Worker. Too Smart should cost a lot, too. Some of them are really, REALLY helpful for the cost of a simple trait.

EdB

Quote from: Igabod on October 08, 2014, 03:10:22 AM
Ok, after testing again it didn't happen until I randomized the outfit on my 2nd colonist (didn't think about doing that until after I set up the first guys clothes)...

Thanks for the info.  That gives me a pretty good idea of what might be causing it.  I'll work on a fix.

EdB

Quote from: Igabod on October 08, 2014, 03:10:22 AM
...maybe it's trying to load a piece of clothing that doesn't exist in the code when I randomize...

The randomize button was not handling the new materials correctly.  I posted a version with a fix, v1.2.2, that I think will take care of it.  Thanks for the bug report!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Joeman9833

Really love the mod. It makes starting a colony a whole lot easier, especially on the higher difficulties or on a different storyteller. I was able to make myself into it and a few friends.

Hoodinski

Loving this. Excellent job! Now I can start my colony of psychopaths and cannibals as I wanted :)

Igabod

Quote from: Hoodinski on October 10, 2014, 04:07:20 AM
Loving this. Excellent job! Now I can start my colony of psychopaths and cannibals as I wanted :)

That is exactly the first thing I did with this mod. It was pretty funny. I named the town Cannibalville and laughed at the poor saps who decided it was a good place to visit only to be kidnapped and butchered and served as a lavish meal on a cheap crappy wooden 2x2 table. I found that it's difficult to keep up the cannibal thing if you want to have more than your starting number of colonists though. I set a restriction on who I recruited to the colony as only psychopaths and or cannibals. Only had my starting 3 guys for the whole game (this was before you could add as many guys as you wanted). It was difficult but way fun.

TheClassiness

Are you planning on adding bionics to this mod? Having a lone survivor made purely of bionic parts is definitely high on my to-do list. Maybe I'm just missing something.

EdB

Quote from: TheClassiness on October 11, 2014, 01:45:52 AM
Are you planning on adding bionics to this mod? Having a lone survivor made purely of bionic parts is definitely high on my to-do list. Maybe I'm just missing something.

It's a good idea--I will definitely consider adding it.

Igabod

Quote from: EdB on October 11, 2014, 02:03:51 AM

I second this notion.

TheClassiness

Quote from: EdB on October 11, 2014, 02:03:51 AM

Awesome. Maybe you could simply make a health tab and apply different scars or remove limbs, if that's not too extensive. This would obviously take a lot of balancing and testing to make sure the points match up with the effects, but the medical system is expanding every update.

redhuntery

I love this mods,i can create differents history bakcgroungs.