[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManBehindAMask

Whenever I click the "Prepare Carefully" button it just boots me out to the main menu.

reb00mad

Quote from: ManBehindAMask on December 11, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
Whenever I click the "Prepare Carefully" button it just boots me out to the main menu.

It hasnt been updated for version 8 yet.

Sivarous

SundayTuesday

"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Igabod

Alpha 8 only came out yesterday guys. Chill out already. He'll get it updated when his schedule permits him to work on it I'm sure. Until then, play vanilla and get a feel for what all has changed.

Gabriel_Braun

Yeah I'm with Igabod on this, we've been testing A8 for nearly a month now and it's totally a game-changer as far as vanilla is concerned...   While I'm looking forward to this being updated, I can safely say that the starting equipment/skillsets you're going to value are only going to become apparent when you get some experience of the biomes and the temperature system :)

superiorx

Alpha 8 is a huge update and this is a complicated mod. Please be patient :)

tiba666

this mod like the most importen mod for me because it remind me in the good old days when i played dwarf fortress :)

Montag

Quote from: tiba666 on December 12, 2014, 08:10:51 AM
This mod is like the most important mod for me because it reminds me of the good old days when i played Dwarf Fortress :)

Yeah same, I'm so far out of my element playing without it in A8

EdB

A quick update: unfortunately, it was sort of bad timing with the alpha 8 release for me.  I didn't have time to look at it at all until tonight.  I took a first pass on upgrading the mod just to figure out how much effort it's going to take.  The prepare carefully mod is not as bad as the interface mod.  I have a working build, but I need to fix melee weapons so that you have the option of choosing their material, and it looks like the "market values" that I'm using to compute the points have changed quite a bit, so I'm going to need some time to balance that out and choose a new point limit.  I do expect to have a new release sometime this weekend.

Apologies for the delay and thanks for the patience.

superiorx

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 02:35:06 AM
A quick update: unfortunately, it was sort of bad timing with the alpha 8 release for me.  I didn't have time to look at it at all until tonight.  I took a first pass on upgrading the mod just to figure out how much effort it's going to take.  The prepare carefully mod is not as bad as the interface mod.  I have a working build, but I need to fix melee weapons so that you have the option of choosing their material, and it looks like the "market values" that I'm using to compute the points have changed quite a bit, so I'm going to need some time to balance that out and choose a new point limit.  I do expect to have a new release sometime this weekend.

Apologies for the delay and thanks for the patience.

There's no need to apologise. The Alpha 8 update will be done when it's done :)

keylocke

rdwulfe

Hoodinski

EdB- awesome to hear that you'll be working on a new version. Keep up the good job- my tundra canniballistic psychopaths are waiting patiently :)