[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: kenobi87 on December 23, 2014, 03:09:08 AM
Hello, love the mod. Had a quick question. In the vanilla game colonists always have one or two traits and I noticed with the mod I can give my colonist 3 traits. Is the game able to handle this, like I don't know how to say this but is it safe to give my colonists 3 traits and not have any issues?

What is the 3rd trait slot for in the vanilla? (if anything)

In theory, you could edit the save file and give a colonists as many traits as you want (as long as they don't conflict with each other) and have no problems. I've actually had a colonist with 5 traits in alpha 7 as a result of several mods including this one. There is nothing to worry about.

Andouce

Quote from: EdB on December 22, 2014, 08:17:13 PM
A couple of people have asked for this.  It's something that I will look at.  It's a little unusual to me as a customization option just because months in the game don't have the same number of days as they do in the real world, so you wouldn't necessarily be able to assign your own birthday to a colonist for example, but it seems like a reasonable addition.  I just need to figure out where to put it in the user interface.

I agree with you on the game days but just something extra :P Thanks for considering it

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EdB

Quote from: Dragoon on December 23, 2014, 07:12:24 AM
why does it cost points to turn off old injuries?

For me, it definitely feels like you're gaining an advantage by removing the risk of old injuries.  I can't remember what I made the point cost, but it feels worth some points to guarantee that your colonist is not going to get any of those penalties.

EdB

Quote from: kenobi87 on December 23, 2014, 03:09:08 AM
What is the 3rd trait slot for in the vanilla? (if anything)

Like Igabod says, the game should be able to handle extra traits with no issue.  I added the extra one just to give another customization option.  I probably would have added a fourth but didn't quite have enough space for it.

john pretzel

Edb, new thing to report: similar to what happened to the jaffa mod, the star wars faction also has some problem with coloring while browsing the wares. The menu interface vanishes.  :)

Take care!

Dragoon

Quote from: john pretzel on December 23, 2014, 01:15:15 PM
Edb, new thing to report: similar to what happened to the jaffa mod, the star wars faction also has some problem with coloring while browsing the wares. The menu interface vanishes.  :)

Take care!

Odd I don't have that problem. Oh and it's 50 point to turn the injuries off.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

john pretzel

Dragoon

When I right click on the menu after the colonist one (with resources and such btw that where you can see their stats :D by click clicking) I noticed it tells everything but the temperature.

Ded1

Quote from: Igabod on December 23, 2014, 03:26:20 AM
In theory, you could edit the save file and give a colonists as many traits as you want (as long as they don't conflict with each other) and have no problems. I've actually had a colonist with 5 traits in alpha 7 as a result of several mods including this one. There is nothing to worry about.

So how would you go about that?  I would love to toy around with that stuff if i could.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

Quote from: Ded1 on December 25, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: Igabod on December 23, 2014, 03:26:20 AM

So how would you go about that?  I would love to toy around with that stuff if i could.

First, open the save file location which is located at C:\Users\Igabod\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves just replace Igabod with whatever your username is. Then open the save file you wish to edit with your favorite text editor. Search for the name of the colonist you want to edit. Then find the part in that colonists code that looks like this:

<traits>
<allTraits>
<li Class="Trait">
<def>Brawler</def>
</li>
</allTraits>
</traits>

And add or remove the traits you want there. This file also tells you what lies within the cryptopod caskets so you'll find pawn defs for other people that are laying in those things as well. Save file editing is fairly easy but you just have to know what you're looking at. Luckily it's all XML so you should be just fine in that respect since you've already got experience with modding. Though there is a save file editor tool already for Alpha 8 that apparently works (though I've never used it) and will make this process even more simple. I'd check out the Tools sub-forum of the Mods sub-forum.

Ded1

Ok thats simple.  I didnt know if there was some trickery in getting into the save file or not (cause some single player offline games go to massive lengths to stop it for some reason)
Feel Good Modpack

Igabod

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack

malejpl

Edb, check PM i translated it to Polish, hope you will add it in update :]