[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: malejpl on December 28, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
Edb, check PM i translated it to Polish, hope you will add it in update :]

I will add it with the next release.  Thanks for doing it!

seander27

Mikek1507

Igabod

EdB

Released a new version with following new additions:

• Customize a colonist's date of birth by right-clicking on their age.
  • Resources are no longer added in fixed increments.  Clicking to increase or decrease quantities will always modify the count by one.  Click and drag the number to change the values more quickly.  Shift-click the buttons or shift-click and drag to increase the rate further.
  • Click and drag to change the age value.  Shift-click the arrows to change the age by increments of ten.
  • The default number of resources is now randomized to match the vanilla game.
  • The cost of resources is now computed using fractional values.  The total cost remains a whole number, rounded up.
  • Added Polish-language translation.  Thanks to malejpl for providing this.
  • Full details for the release can be found at the bottom of this post.
  • Lots of behind-the-scenes reworking to support the new EdB Scenarios mod.

Copeteles

To be honest, I would nerf (growth rate?) of SP* and buff SP.

It's way cheaper to just give them a better growth rate than giving them some SP, and to be honest; I prefer a faster growth rate. By decreasing the SP by one, you can almost give them person 2x growth rate.

Good work on this mod anyway, I love it!

*skill points

EdB

Quote from: Copeteles on January 04, 2015, 07:29:27 PM
To be honest, I would nerf (growth rate?) of SP* and buff SP.

It's way cheaper to just give them a better growth rate than giving them some SP, and to be honest; I prefer a faster growth rate. By decreasing the SP by one, you can almost give them person 2x growth rate.

You're probably right that it's something that needs tuning.

I actually don't adjust the skill point values at all from what I get from the vanilla game market value, but the vanilla game doesn't count passions at all towards that market value, so I need to add some additional points for them.  It would be nice if the vanilla game factored in passions to that overall colonist value, but I'll play around with it a little to see if I can find something more balanced.

Flubberj

I believe I've found a bug. I'm loading a preset that I prepared with this version of your mod. I had the point system worked out to the last point and now it claims I'm 9000 points short exactly. This occurs even if I don't use a preset. Since downloading the mod, I've downloaded you're scenario mod and reinstalled the guns+ mod. Neither of which should have affected this mod. I run a ton of mods. Like 20+, however this bug just started happening and before everything worked together very well.

Edit: The mod does work well if you completely exit the game and re-enter. I went ahead and created an entire new world so I don't know if that had anything to do with it as well.

EdB

Quote from: Flubberj on January 06, 2015, 04:15:55 AM
I believe I've found a bug. I'm loading a preset that I prepared with this version of your mod. I had the point system worked out to the last point and now it claims I'm 9000 points short exactly. This occurs even if I don't use a preset. Since downloading the mod, I've downloaded you're scenario mod and reinstalled the guns+ mod. Neither of which should have affected this mod. I run a ton of mods. Like 20+, however this bug just started happening and before everything worked together very well.

Edit: The mod does work well if you completely exit the game and re-enter. I went ahead and created an entire new world so I don't know if that had anything to do with it as well.

Thanks for the bug report.  It sounds like I'm not resetting something that I need to be.  I will be work on a fix.

poulsen78

Amazing mod. The only problem i see is that traits are free. I dont know if thats because you cant add them to the point system but certain traits are obviously far better than others.

xRAVENxCLAWx

im having issues with this mod sadly, but would love to get it working.
when i load the game map up i get just a black screen, ive turned off everything but this mod and still happens, even tryed to make a new colony without using it vanilla style and still black screen, as soon as i disable the mod game works again... please help :'(

EdB

Quote from: xRAVENxCLAWx on January 13, 2015, 01:14:25 PM
when i load the game map up i get just a black screen, ive turned off everything but this mod and still happens, even tryed to make a new colony without using it vanilla style and still black screen, as soon as i disable the mod game works again... please help :'(

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the mod.  Are you using the most recent version?  I've been trying to reproduce this problem, but I've had no success.

Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: As you're testing it out and enabling and disabling mods, be sure to quit out of the game and restart once you've just got the Prepare Carefully mod enabled.  You'd think it would not make a difference, but it can--just to make sure that you're starting fresh.

xRAVENxCLAWx

Quote from: EdB on January 13, 2015, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: xRAVENxCLAWx on January 13, 2015, 01:14:25 PM

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the mod.  Are you using the most recent version?  I've been trying to reproduce this problem, but I've had no success.

Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: As you're testing it out and enabling and disabling mods, be sure to quit out of the game and restart once you've just got the Prepare Carefully mod enabled.  You'd think it would not make a difference, but it can--just to make sure that you're starting fresh.

i have to crash the game out every time as it freezes to it does start fresh lol, and im using game version, 8.671 that was the last email i got. is that not the latest?

EdB

Quote from: xRAVENxCLAWx on January 14, 2015, 08:44:25 AM
i have to crash the game out every time as it freezes to it does start fresh lol, and im using game version, 8.671 that was the last email i got. is that not the latest?

Actually, I meant the latest version of the mod, which is 1.6.2.  If that's the version that you're using, you might try the previous version to see if it has the same problem: Dropbox download for 1.5.2

If you want, you can send me a private message with the game's error log attached.  That might point me in the right direction.  That file is here: RimWorld657Win\RimWorld657Win_Data\output_log.txt

I'll keep trying to reproduce the problem.

Woolridge

is there anything i could do to make this great mod compatible with The Metal Age?
because everytime i try to start a colony with both activated i end up in a blackscreen aswell as when i'm creating the colony with only EdB Prepare Carfully enabled,
saving and then swap to The Metal Age mod enabled, i also tried to change the loading order via Modsconfig.xml but didn't help eighter