Shoes, Jewelry, and moving furniture

Started by kingtyris, September 21, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtyris

Jewelry can be made out of silver and gold, and worn to provide a morale boosting status (Well dressed, +5 mood or something like that). Silver would provide less of a boost than gold, for example. BONUS: When mining, random small chance to drop Gemstones instead of metal. Gems can be used with silver or gold to craft Fancy Gold/Silver jewelry, which provide a bigger boost. The mechanics that allow one to wear jewelry could be a new clothing slot or the same logic that allows a colonist to wear a duster, a shirt, and an armor vest.

Shoes would occupy their own clothing slot. Colonists land wearing Simple or Cloth Shoes. These grant a -%5 or other such debuff to walk speed. Having no shoes lowers the debuff further, would lower morale similarly to how nudity does, and also risks a random chance of foot injury, especially on rough ground. Better items like Military or Utility boots would carry no penalties. If crafting clothing and related items such as cloth and leather are ever added to the game shoes could be crafted.

Lastly, a small idea, but if the interior design of my colony and its room isn't to my liking, I would rather be able to move it instead of deconstructing and rebuilding it. A new command "Move ____" could be added, and when you designate a colonist to move a given item, then the placement tool for the appropriate item comes up, only after placing the blueprint the colonist hauls the furniture like an item to the designated are. Obviously there should be some logic dictating what could and could not be moved; I shouldn't be able to dead lift a ship reactor. But if this could be added to the game then I would be a happy kingtyris.

JimmyAgnt007

for moving furniture, there can be an option when you select it, next to assigning the bed and such called move.  then the next time you build the bed they just take that one. instead of building a new one.  or pack it up, prison architect style.