How to get rid of Slab Debris

Started by DaNewb, November 05, 2013, 06:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaNewb

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as i am, and currently i am dissapointed to see that so many people are having difficulty with Classic Casandra as i find it quite simple to manage.  The only thing that i am currently having problems with is having to have so many dump areas for all my slab debris.  I currently burn corpses, and i have attempted many times to burn the debris but that does not work.  I have also tried to shoot the debris but that does not work either.  Does anyone know of anyway to destroy or remove debris?

Thanks in Advance!

Wopian

Does setting charges beside a dump destroy them? Haven't run out of space yet to need to clear out so havent checked.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

DaNewb

Yes that actually works beautifully, simply set blasting charges around your dump!

DeltaV

A more metals-efficient way is to equip someone with frag grenades and just have them repeatedly throw them at an area until the debris is destroyed. Works with bodies too.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DaNewb

Thanks for the idea, as i had already tried Molotov and the incendiary launcher with no success i thought blast charges were the only way.

w00d

OMG you can clear graves like that as well, HOORAY, i was packing over 100 graves for all the dead raiders and now i can just clear them with grens

emailformygames

Quote from: w00d on November 05, 2013, 11:23:51 PM
OMG you can clear graves like that as well, HOORAY, i was packing over 100 graves for all the dead raiders and now i can just clear them with grens

I just put the raiders in the dump and reserve the graves for the colonists.  :]

Lochar

Interesting I was doing the grave method as well and man it is becoming immense, I havent tried 'burning' the bodies as didnt know that would work but now I have something to try next time.

As for the other poster I have tried blasting charges on debris and I didnt notice much difference but maybe I didnt try it enough.

Nazzerac

I setup 4 Blasting charges at my entrance with sandbags to slow the raiders, setting off all 4 at once vaporizes the raiders, debris, and unwanted slaves.