Best random event. Ever.

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 21, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

So, some siegers dropped in and started shelling my base.  I didn't have any mortars up to fire back and the enemies looked a bit tough to try a direct assault.

Then a psychic drone started making all the women on the map insane.  Needless to say, as about half the siegers were female, it wasn't long before they went nuts and started killing the men and each other.  I sent a single guy with an M-16 in to mop up the rest.

Admittedly, during this time, a couple of tribal prisoners also went nuts and had to be subdued, but that's a minor inconvenience. :)

EarthyTurtle

Had something similar only it was a psychotic wave that came along and mad all the squirrels go insane. Only a handful went for my colony, the rest went and attacked a pirate raiding party that had just spawned in.

Unfortunately 80 squirrels had no problems overcoming the 20 or so pirates and when they were done with them they came and destroyed me... suddenly it became planet of the rodents.

Mj64

...that time of the month again!

MyNameIsSpyder

Not a random event, but one time a lightning strike hit one of a raiding party's mortars.
That was fun.

Argon

I once saw a psychic wave of tortoises ravage a raiding party. The best part was watching them miss the tortoises and hit their fellow pirates.

-Argon

ManWithNoName

Quote from: TinnedEpic on September 29, 2014, 05:02:59 AM
Had something similar only it was a psychotic wave that came along and mad all the squirrels go insane. Only a handful went for my colony, the rest went and attacked a pirate raiding party that had just spawned in.

Unfortunately 80 squirrels had no problems overcoming the 20 or so pirates and when they were done with them they came and destroyed me... suddenly it became planet of the rodents.

I just had this even, i thought "really? im going to get my ass handed to me by squirrels?!" in the end they only knocked out three people and i had to re-recruit one of them. You wouldnt think a map of squirrels could do so much damage... Think i need more guns and POWER! ;D

MyNameIsMike

Well, I had a pretty big raid (30-40 tribespeople) and most of my colony was quite far off in a mine I'd set up on the other end of the map. I had about 4 people, two of whom couldn't even fight, who were close enough to my base to fight the raiders before they burnt my house to the ground. So, I put them near one of my geothermal generators. Just as they were about to engage, I get an electrical fault message, the big kind, and the front of my generator bursts into flames. It set about half of the attackers on fire, as well as both of my colonists. Since fire rarely kills in this game, none of them died, but the entire raiding party began to flee anyway! Almost none of them had health below 75%!

MrSurvivor

I had a giant raid come in and they were like 30 people with rifles and charge rifles and I was like oh damn.
Then they aggroed these TWO cryo guys and then they ran.

Best day of my life.

Also there was this one time when I got attacked by two groups.
It was going to be bad.
Then they killed each other.
And I took the loot. :D

lusername

I had an entire raider siege party ravaged by the a psychotic rabbit, apparently the rabbit from Monty Python. It killed most of them and chased off the survivors before coming for me. It lost interest on its way to me, though, and I had a colonist put it down with the Holy Hand Grenade. We need a mod to make it look and sound like a holy hand grenade.