A close dialog

Started by Rock5, January 09, 2015, 04:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

It's happened a few times that I accidentally click the close button of the window. I'm surprised that it closes the game without any warning. It's great that the game auto saves so often but it's still annoying to have to restart the game, work out where you are up to and redo any changes that weren't saved.

Is it too much to ask for a "Are you sure you want to close the game" dialog?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

So this doesn't deserve a comment from anyone?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Johnny Masters

I always thought annoying that games would ask confirmation if i wanted to exit. But i see how this could be a problem for some people, i don't see why it couldn't be implemented.

Rock5

Thanks for commenting. :)

I know what you mean and for some games, such as online rpgs, I would agree with you, because you don't loose progress when you log off. But because you can loose progress in Rimworld I think it should ask for a confirmation.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

mipen

I feel the best implementation for this would be to include a "don't show this again" option to disable it if people don't want it. That being said, the best way to avoid accidentally quiting would be to play in full screen

Rock5

Quote from: mipen on January 12, 2015, 02:20:18 AM
That being said, the best way to avoid accidentally quiting would be to play in full screen
True, but for someone like me who multitasks a lot, dealing with windows is a lot easier than having to alt-tab out of full screen.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport