[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Storage - New skip, pallet and gunrack added

Started by skullywag, September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Quick mod, adds a few new types of storage for mealtrays, raw food, weapons, raw resources, medicine etc, I dont like my stuff sitting on the floor so...

they are simple copy & tweaks to the equipment rack nothing special. I might do some better textures eventually but these are functional.

I might add single square versions later on. If you think of anything else that needs storing let me know.

Download MoreStorage

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Angie

I so love this idea... hate "created/packaged" things on the floor, too. Will try it out when i get home from work!

Question- is there a way you could make containers for raw food look more like barrels/boxes than shelves when you play around with textures? Bins for produce/counters for meals :)

C. Fenderson

Seems nice.  I never use up the whole storage space I put in my 'restaraunt', and having these near the tables would be good.  I also kind of like the idea of buffet/catering tables, so good job there!
Quote from: Angie on September 23, 2014, 05:59:40 PM
I so love this idea... hate "created/packaged" things on the floor, too. Will try it out when i get home from work!

Question- is there a way you could make containers for raw food look more like barrels/boxes than shelves when you play around with textures? Bins for produce/counters for meals :)

I kind of like the idea of shelves.  Seems a little more realistic to me, but I guess I don't have room to talk with plans of adding metal growing on trees :D
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this turning into a mod with tons of options that do kind of the same thing, but look slightly different.  I like a little bit of clutter.

Best of luck to you, skullywag!  Not like I really need to say that.

Romi

This mod have big chances of succes in the future of alpha 7 if you would add shelves and more stuff.

Kilroy232

Have you ever thought of making a refrigeration system for food that spoils?

skullywag

Quote from: Kilroy232 on September 26, 2014, 12:08:51 AM
Have you ever thought of making a refrigeration system for food that spoils?

Ive thought about it and its in "the plan" but that needs a DLL and time is something i dont have a lot of at the moment. Ill get to it eventually though.

Kilroy232

You don't have to tell me, I am doing my modding between university classes :P

Necrosin

DM: "You hear something up ahead in the mist."
Lacey: "I throw a stick at it."
DM: "At the Mist?"
Lacey: "Yes."
DM: 0_o

skullywag

Updated to A7 grab it from:

https://github.com/Skullywag/Rimworld-Mods (download zip and grab the mod you need)

Zack_Wester

Can you make it so that the Storage uses Wood? or the new stuff system.
I dont have that mush metal on my plays as I play on flat woodlands... Lots of wood but not next to no metal.

skullywag

Im working on it. Stuff incoming.

Igabod

do these storage units protect food from being eaten by animals? and does it allow you to store more food in less space than a stockpile?

skullywag

Nope for now its simply decorative (like the equipment storage). Dealing with multiple item types in 1 tile is a difficult issue to work around.

bullet

Could you add additional storage for resources?

skullywag