[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Storage - New skip, pallet and gunrack added

Started by skullywag, September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

May I suggest something like this or this? The larger dumpster should be something like 2x3.

skullywag

I like it, ill add it as soon as I get a chance.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

thrakkemarn

I love the textures and the idea behind this.

I would highly recommend adding a Beauty value to these storage items (I tested it with 20 which seems to work, but anything 10 or higher would work, because it's then more beautiful than the floor). At Beauty 0 they depress the people working near them (each item gets averaged into the beauty of an area) which doesn't make sense - it should be a mood boost to have proper storage for your food and medicine!

James009

Yeah, great mod. Thanks! I'm really enjoying the variety.

Perhaps we could have some 1X2 unique looking weapons/armor storage for our armories?
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

skullywag

Ill try some gun lockers or something, only so much i can do top down.

Also ill look into the beauty.

skullywag

Ive added a "Skip" (UK term not sure what you guys call em elsewhere), not 100% sure on the texture but im no artist so....

It only holds Raw Resources.

Also beauty has been changed as per the comment above, all bar the skip get 15 , which gets 5.

Edit - Gunrack added.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

James009

skullywag

ok heres the deal to everyone if you give me a texture and what you want it to hold and the size it is to be, Ill see if I can add it, it takes seconds, literally. Fire away!

James009

Quote from: skullywag on October 08, 2014, 06:40:54 PM
ok heres the deal to everyone if you give me a texture and what you want it to hold and the size it is to be, Ill see if I can add it, it takes seconds, literally. Fire away!
Uhhh, something to hold clothing would be nice. A closet, clothing rack... idk. 1x2 would work (hell, 1x2 is probably the best size regardless).

Good luck!

thrakkemarn

Whoa sweet. Does the gunrack hold more than 2 weapons?
How about an armor stand like:

What do you need for the texture? Any topdown png image?

skullywag

I might keep that as my first test of the "stuff" system and have a wardrobe that can be made from wood, metal, silver etc...

Gold wardrobes incoming! :)

Not today though...ive modded enough..time to play..oh its midnight lol!

skullywag

Quote from: thrakkemarn on October 08, 2014, 06:51:53 PM
Whoa sweet. Does the gunrack hold more than 2 weapons?

No as stated above this is purely decorative, Tynan or another superior modder is gonna have to come up with a way of storing more than 1 item in a tile, Haplo did it with the nano chest but its quirky. (or i think it is anyway...its still clever as balls!)

and yeah a topdown png with transparent background, make sure each tile is 64x64 for ease of use. So a 2x1 would be 128x64.

JonoRig

Can you allow the medicine cabinets to hold body parts, of create a new storage that looks like a fridge/cooling rack or something. Nothing too fancy, but I currently just have a "limb room" which is just metal tiles and dark walls to make it look cold

skullywag

Hmm the limbs kind of are already in what look like cold storage boxes...so a fridge type thing would be the way to go I feel, its on the list.

Pandora

Quote from: skullywag on September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM
This does add medicine to a new category of "medical" though so be aware of that.

So this adds medical items that be crafted, or? I don't see a new category.