[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Storage - New skip, pallet and gunrack added

Started by skullywag, September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaras

Ok weird, working in the new game with all mods loaded, Guess need new game for it to work?

skullywag

huh...you shouldnt it just adds a building with a storage set to the category of "meal" theres very little that can go wrong with it, it must be another mod doing something funky.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Malaras

Well I tried it at first with just this mod loaded, Then enabled other 3-4? one by one and it works. /shrug lol

kelwyn2

Here's an alternative basket if you want it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

WANT! I might greyscale it if you dont mind as im making everything stuff based so itll change colour depending what its made out of.

skullywag

Can anyone do me some kind of hamper to hold fabrics and leathers? if possible black and white with shading as ill be stuffifying it, ill happily make the mask for it.

kelwyn2

haven't tested in game, might suck. either way.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

Ha thats exactly what i tried to draw. Knew what i wanted in my head but couldnt get the look. Good work! Consider yourself credited in the next release. :)

elStrages

I really like the concept of this mod, but feel its a little redundant when you get the same effect from just putting down a storage zone.  Is there a way to add a stack count bonus as this wopuld make the mod a hell of a lot more appealing.

skullywag

Thus is purely a beaitification mod. If I could do temporary stack counts I think id be classed a god. Isnt that the holy grail of all our storage mod problems? I mean im more than willing to add it if i can.

elStrages

What about an internal storage system in the item. Which could then show an icon on top of the item in it when something is present and added counter.
This would probably be a whole new mod to be honest haha, turn them into a storage box really.

skullywag

Problem is when something is added to a literal container its removed from all the stats and stuff. As an example a builder would refuse to build something due to no available materials. I coukd not render the item when its "on" the container but then how do i show what its holding....its a difficult issue and one thats plagued modders. Haplo and Mipen both have storage devices that store items internally and they both have this issue, due to only 1 stack being visibke (75) anything requiring more than 75 mats wont be built as pawns dont know of the other stuff in the container.

test_account

Hey. So in the interest of my need to micromanage things, I'm trying to make a version of the locker that is only 1x1. I just took the locker graphic and cut it in half, since I'm only doing this for personal use or whatever I don't particularly mind that it gets kind of warped.
I'm having a problem though where the "small locker" furniture can't be targeted with a click, so you can't set what goes into it or anything like that.
Don't suppose you could tell me where I screwed up?

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
    <defName>GunRackSmall</defName>
    <eType>BuildingComplex</eType>
    <label>Small locker</label>
    <thingClass>Building_Storage</thingClass>
    <graphicPath>Things/Building/Furniture/GunRackSmall</graphicPath>
    <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    <altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>Impassable</passability>
    <castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHealth>100</MaxHealth>
      <WorkToMake>580</WorkToMake>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
      <Beauty>15</Beauty>
    </statBases>
    <description>Haulers carry weapons and apparel here for storage.</description>
    <size>(1,1)</size>
    <costList>
      <Steel>7</Steel>
    </costList>
    <graphicOverdraw>true</graphicOverdraw>
    <killedLeavings>
      <ChunkSlagSteel>1</ChunkSlagSteel>
    </killedLeavings>
    <filthLeaving>BuildingRubble</filthLeaving>
    <building>
      <fixedStorageSettings>
        <priority>Important</priority>
        <allowances>
          <categories>
            <li>Weapons</li>
            <li>Apparel</li>
          </categories>
        </allowances>
      </fixedStorageSettings>
    </building>
    <inspectorTabs>
      <li>ITab_Storage</li>
    </inspectorTabs>
    <designationCategory>Furniture</designationCategory>
    <staticSunShadowHeight>0.5</staticSunShadowHeight>
    <itemSurface>true</itemSurface>
    <designationHotKey>=</designationHotKey>
  </ThingDef>

EDIT: Turns out I'm a dummy and tried to test it without a building base. That's important. Now if I could just figure out how to keep it from stretching.

skullywag

Make an image 64x64 px and turn graphic overdraw to false or extend the canvas to 192x192 px and leave it true. Think that would do it.

test_account

Ah, thank you. Now my guys can have spare outfit sets in their houses, complete with all the little apparello add-ons, without the need for me to mess around with forbidding things like a maniac.