Evil suggestions emporium!

Started by SharpKris, November 05, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpKris

I've played around with the gibbet cages and thought "why do they have to be dead to be in the cages, wouldn't it be even funner if they had to fight inside a cage?"
so it occurred to me that it shouldn't be too "out of line" to have slaves fight each other for the amusement of the colonists.

-Cage pit fights! (not Nicholas cage)"make the buggers bloody each other with boomrats attached to their fists!"

-Torture!- while the gibbet cage suffices in the general idea of torture it lacks the imaginative approach this game wields.. my general idea would range from beatings to burying someone head above ground in a maffalo field (also could be a nice way to increase fear or evil pleasure?)

-dissection! every doctor needs to train on something! and since cadavers are a plenty and prisoners are abundant why not let him have a go?   

Matty

+1 this idea. Make two prisoners fight (to the death)

-Inspire fear, or enjoyment of watching
-Entertaining mechanic
-Better reason to get prisoners
-Make + decorate a gladiator room!

ShadowDragon8685

And don't forget the original purpose of gibbets: to serve as an example to others. Keeping a few live prisoners in gibbets outside the settlement, fed and watered but not too much, would serve as a nice message: Pirates, ye be warned.

Really, if you have enough of those, bandits should probably take one look and march the other way.
Raiders must die!

SharpKris

I love the feel of the game but i think that there should be more diversity in the "evil" (fear) section. any and all suggestions are welcome here, free your twisted imaginations and bring forth suffering!

NephilimNexus

I'm not really sure what the "fear" mechanic does in this game, though I hope that eventually it will come to parallel the mechanics used in "Tropico 2"

In that game "fear" was a splash effect given off by scary stuff (like gibbets) that kept captives subdued and too scared to try to run away or fight back.  In this I can see it as something the demoralizes enemies, but I've made entire blocks of 20+ gibbets stuffed with dead raiders and new raider groups just walk right past them like it's nothing.

They're not very bright.

One interesting mechanic that could be implemented would be that a high "Fear" (global) would increase your odds of getting trade ships of the Weapons and Slave Trader class (and fewer of the Farming and Industry), as your reputation as a psychotic bastard becomes more well known abroad.  Also, if Tourism is every implemented, "Fear" would be a very, very bad thing for your Tourism industry.

Naturally, new items that increase "Happiness" would work in the opposite direction, bringing more peaceful traders, tourists, and willing colonists who just sign right up with your group - but would also attract more raider attacks, because it would make you look more ripe and helpless for the raiding.

Sky_walker

- Body part trader
requires medic - you can extract body parts from dead raiders and than freeze them to sell them onto a smuggler ship.

- Mass graves
open, rotten pits - creating them will cause mental breakdown to anyone taking part in it, and it will crumble loyalty in anyone passing by. You need lots of dead raiders to build it.

- Animal fights
cattle vs rats? rats vs squirrel?

- La Bordello
How about instead of fighting raiders - you'll earn some money off them? Add new type of facility: cubicle, where your colonists will take the raiders of opposite sex. You'll have a random chance of winning guns or metal out of each one. You need to have equal or greater amount of cubicles and colonists to the raiders in order to "satisfy their needs" - otherwise they'll start attacking your base from within!

Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.