Work areas

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 26, 2014, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

So I was thinking, in a similar fashion to how stockpiles can determine which goods are hauled where, we could have a work areas thing which allows you to divide tasks up a bit better?

So for example, if you want to haul both food and corpses, currently you have no way to tell your workforce to work on both rather than neglecting either.  If you have a work area for food hauling, and another one for corpse hauling, then you can assign colonists to each so that both things get done.

C. Fenderson

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 26, 2014, 12:22:18 AM
So I was thinking, in a similar fashion to how stockpiles can determine which goods are hauled where, we could have a work areas thing which allows you to divide tasks up a bit better?

So for example, if you want to haul both food and corpses, currently you have no way to tell your workforce to work on both rather than neglecting either.  If you have a work area for food hauling, and another one for corpse hauling, then you can assign colonists to each so that both things get done.
So, kind of having a "Hauler Controller" that tells people to put a higher priority on hauling certain items to already existing stockpiles?  Like ignoring stockpile 1, since that only takes food, in favor of your graves, since those take corpses?  If so, I'm totally behind this.  I'm sick of my colonists going insane because no one gets buried quick enough (I use a graveyard for my colonists, and a crematorium for strangers).