Epslion X17

Started by Overwatch, September 26, 2014, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overwatch

(This is going to be fun to write. Hue. And yes I may or may of not got a few ideas from other games. Cough Cole Protocol cough.)
-:: Colonel Jackson "Commando" Holiday P.O.V ::-
I wake to the sound of a loud speaker, gunfire, screaming, radio chatter and explosions. The voice echoing around the room. "Hull integrity at 39%, hostile forces detected, interior defence turrets activated. Cole protocol indicated, high ranking personnel released from cryo."
I blink rapidly as the small amount of steam on the glass cover in front of me starts to break away. I try to activate the RELEASE seal on it. But it doesn't budge. I hear a blood curdling scream, followed by a heavy THUD and a huge crack appear on the glass, I look at the now open door, a man in pure black heavy power armour wielding a M60 looks at the body, before releasing a robotic chuckle and marching on, firing. I stare at the figure waltzing away, looking down at myself half expecting myself to be kitted in my armour. But nope, I am wearing my off duty fatigues, a button up shirt, a pair of heavy duty Kevlar infused cargo pants and, my steel toed work boots. I grunt, smashing my boots in to the glass, smashing it in pieces as I jump forward. The entire room and hallway slowly filtering in with a black gas.

I sprint forward towards the table in front of me, grabbing the small black gas like mask. Slotting it on, a black visor on top of it before I look around on the reset of the table, grabbing a small black backpack, a belt with a holster, a few ammo pouches and a Lee Enfield rifle. I grab the backpack. Putting it on before sliding the pouches on to it, grabbing the Enfield, a strap on it dangling I tighten it and bolt forward, upon making it outside I look around, dead bodies litter the hallway, soldiers and civilians alike, but none of those black armoured commandos.

I storm forward through the halls. More bodies, I see a few men. My men to be more precise, clad in green Kevlar and helmets, wielding M4s as they duke out with the M60 wielding commandos. I duck in to cover as I see what appears to be the ranking officer of the squad. Rushing forward and saying "What the hell is going on here?!" he turns to face me and replies as he randomly fires down the hall "Glitterworld commandos! They are here to capture the data we got from the artefact!" The artefact, of course! That thing is a huge database of knowledge, we must destroy it now. "Where is it now?" I reply before he stops to reload. Stuttering out in-between each breathes "Off world! We threw it to the planet below! Bu-" he is cut off by radio chatter. He picks up the radio listening in and turning towards me "Sir. All high ranking personnel are being dropped to the surface because this isn't going to hold much longer, drop pods are to your ri-" he is cut off by a single round to the head. Recoiling backwards as the body thumps in front of me. I turn and bolt towards the doors marked "DROP PODS". Bullets whizzing by, I run in and see a few others jumping in to the pods, along with a man pulling the pod controls and sending them down. I rush forward and get in to one. The man rushes to my controls and starts typing away. Looking up. "Colonel Jackson? Jesus Christ, rumors that they guys are after you. Stay safe down th-" he is than cut off. The doors blowing off, three armed men walking in, two clad in the black power suits with M60s. The main guy, glad in silver and red Glitterworld nano suit, a red beret on his head, he motions towards the man that just tumbled backwards. He raises what looks like a magnum. Firing as he kills the man instantly, I am the only drop pod left in the bay. He turns to me marching forward. Saying "Jackson...Jackson Holiday...it has been a long time my friend." I growl at him saying "And I am meant to know who the fuck you are?" he chuckles raising his magnum. Pointed straight at my head. I know the round will bypass the glass and kill me. He chuckles once more before saying "It really has been along time Jackson. You forgot about Canebridge VII, anyway I must get rid of my old friends." he finishes off the last word with venom before... BOOM, the gas pipe to the far end of the room explodes, the metal ripping away as one of the black clad man screams as he is thrashed out the hole, the duo rushes out the room. The door bolting shut as my drop pod is ripped from the holder and sent pluming in to the surface.

I awake on the surface. Two of what looks like crew members crowd around me. I groan as I sit up, they toss me my rifle and I nod. Standing up before we start to walk around and secure the area, grabbing the parts left over.