whats do you normally name your colony

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 27, 2014, 11:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PookyJM

My last colonie was "Mystery Lake" as there was a lake that was half into the mountain and a reference to a indie game named The long dark.
There was also "The pond"  wink at doctor who
It generaly inspired by local geographie and/or a reference to game/movie/book/etc. that i like

Mattorious

My most common name is "Shakespeare," from the Ender book series. Just has a nice ring to it.   
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

EarthyTurtle

I usually like to go with 'Drifters Sanctuary' for most standard cases. But if I feel like making a walled in tight security base designed to withstand assault for decades to come then I'll name it 'The Keep of Titanium'. But if I have full intent on going straight for starship then I will probably name it 'Citlalique' (It's the Aztec goddess of the stars according to google). Past names I've used include; Yulkia, The Damascus Plate, Amarath, Dome, Atrium, etc. If I think of a good name usually I'll make a colony for it.

Necronomocoins

I usually just put "ton" or "ington" on the end of the suggested name.

DeltaV

I tend to name it after whichever of my starting colonists I've grown most attached to. "______'s Peak" or "_____ston" or something.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

BassMonroe

I like to name it "Militia Outpost" Or anything around that, Gives me a bit of story to work with as i like to imagine my colonists are from a Military organisation taking territory from the tribals + pirates.

Coenmcj

Usually Pheonix and then it's designation in Roman numerals.
I'm currently on Pheonix XLIV For instance.

Although when I get a bunch of bad asses it sometimes changes to "Bastion Hyperion" or "Hellsing Manor"
One time when I was using a few of the mechanoid mods I named the colony 'Deus ex machina'

It's interesting to see what and why everyone names their colonies, that's for sure.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

HologramDan

usually if I build it into the side of a mountain, I give it a Dwarven flair, if i'm stuck with names New (places that already exist) like New Tokyo or New New York, my last one was New Sparta :D
What holds every colony together is how many prisoners have Stockholm Syndrome

EscapeZeppelin

I tend to name my colonies after elements. Neon, cobalt, zinc...

Xerberus86

Gravetown....cause that is what it well end up to be :).

keylocke

my fave name is "Mos Eisley".. 'coz most of my colonists are criminals.

IceWing

Landing... 

Cause, you know.... SciFi originality and all...

Ink.

Quote from: Spectre on September 28, 2014, 06:41:22 PM
I usually name it after places from my favourite video games such as Dragonfall or Nosgoth.

Same. I was using names from like Grand Theft Auto. Los Santos survived for quite awhile.

But as I've become lazy on naming.

Mattorious

Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

Angie

I tend to go with musical names- I have make DavidBowie's Package, Jungle Boogie, Blue Moon, Hot Chocolate, and James Brownville in the past.