RimWorld Seed Bank (Forum Idea)

Started by KugelBlitz, September 27, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KugelBlitz

There needs to be a place where we can share our favorite seeds. A place where a sample image and a seed can be found. I think it would be easy to implement. What do you guys think?
We could even call it The RimWorld Seed Vault/Bank. Has a good ring to it!

BetaSpectre

Uh...the forums?

While I believe we should have it be a stickied thread TBH.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Vrocaan

Honestly, I think it would be best to have a page dedicated to seeds on the Wiki. Easy to contribute to, easy to build up a large collection.

Timber

Suppose someone would be interested in making a website dedicated to Rimworld seeds...

What functions would you like to see in such a site?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

KugelBlitz

I think just a small image of the map so you could see how the mountains are laid out. Today I found a great seed its "Ipod" It creates a long cave with only one entrance. Although the locations of resources and geyser are randomized beyond the seed. The shape and position of the mountains is what people really want to see. I agree with Vrocaan, It would be great on the wiki.

stefanstr

I made a thread on that exact topic a while back and it gets updated occasionally with new seeds...
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5659.0

I think your idea (a dedicated page on the Wiki) is great but for when the game no longer is in Alpha. Right now, Tynan will probably tweak world generation at one point or another, and the seeds will generate some other maps than they currently do.