[MOD] (Alpha 7) Refrigeration (v1.0.4 - Updated Nov 1)

Started by indiecosmic, October 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vas on November 04, 2014, 12:25:54 AM
If you could, it would be nice to be able to build a refrigeration room.  One entire room that keeps everything inside it cold, and causes colonists that are inside it to be uncomfortable because of the cold and become stressed like being in the dark and stuff.  :P  This way I can store a lot of things in one big walk in fridge.

That might be unnecessary soon, given the latest changelog entries

• Raw potatoes, berries, meat, and herbal medicine will rot and can be refrigerated to prevent rotting.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

indiecosmic

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 04, 2014, 04:51:45 AM
Quote from: Vas on November 04, 2014, 12:25:54 AM
If you could, it would be nice to be able to build a refrigeration room.  One entire room that keeps everything inside it cold, and causes colonists that are inside it to be uncomfortable because of the cold and become stressed like being in the dark and stuff.  :P  This way I can store a lot of things in one big walk in fridge.

That might be unnecessary soon, given the latest changelog entries

• Raw potatoes, berries, meat, and herbal medicine will rot and can be refrigerated to prevent rotting.

Yeah I saw this as well, maybe the fridge will be unnecessary in A8. But until then I will try building a refrigeration room just to see how if and how it could be done.

Vas

It could be the dev is making a refrigeration item just like this mod uses, but not a fridge room.  So if that is the case, the room would definitely be required.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Iwillbenicetou

In A8, that will be much easier with the new temperature system
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Vas

Oh, in that case, create a microwave room too!  I want to microwave my enemies!  Mmmm, the smell of exploded burnt flesh...
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

indiecosmic

I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that rooms and regions are hard coded in the game, which makes it very difficult to create a refrigeration room based on the prison cells principles at the moment. However, I might be able to create a refrigeration building with a radius, like the orbital trade beacon or sun lamp. This would basically have the same effect if you place some of them together.

What do you think?

Vas

I suppose, it isn't realistic though, or not very realistic at least.  Should poke at the devs to get these things out of being hard coded! :P

StorymasterQ

Just call it "Protein Stasis Field Generator" and it keeps things in its radius from spoiling. Food spoiling is just its protein breaking down to other (nastier) proteins, so it kinda fits?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Iwillbenicetou

Or, it's just a freeze sprinkler that "waters" your items. Like a water sprinkler, but it freezes everything instead :)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

DracoGriffin

That would be a good idea for hydroponic farms; automated water sprinklers that speed up growth on plants.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Endoric

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Endoric on November 11, 2014, 03:15:21 PM
i had no idea food spoiled..... using this one now

Meals spoil. raw food doesn't spoil....yet.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

millenium

the clutter (i think) mod adds a automatic trash can that cleans within a radius while also being confined to a room. from my understanding of whats needed this would work great for the proposed refrigerator room. i dont know if the code could be modified to the refrigerator algorithm but its an idea.

indiecosmic

Quote from: millenium on November 18, 2014, 03:21:24 PM
the clutter (i think) mod adds a automatic trash can that cleans within a radius while also being confined to a room. from my understanding of whats needed this would work great for the proposed refrigerator room. i dont know if the code could be modified to the refrigerator algorithm but its an idea.

Thanks! I'll check it out!