[MOD] (Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Security enforcement (V1.5 12-11-2014)

Started by Rikiki, October 17, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should be modified to balance the high precision lasgun?

Reduce range (45 -> 40 like a m-24).
9 (16.7%)
Reduce range and increase damage
14 (25.9%)
This weapon is awesome and should not be modified! (kidding) ;-)
30 (55.6%)
Other (please specify how)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Rikiki

As the alert speaker requires power to work, this feature is already embedded! :)

Shinzy

Not sure if this is supposed to happen but my colonist died with defensive malus on, he dropped it =P

I put it in my kitchen

(And not to sound ungrateful but so far I've only had constant 'blaarp!' noise around my compound along with -3 mood drop during every fight =P I'm not sure on whose side those things are on! But I'm sure I deserve it)

Rikiki

Mmh, I initially set the destroyOnDrop to true but it throws some warning at start-up as it cannot be carfted either.
I will study this point.

What do you mean by
QuoteI've only had constant 'blaarp!' noise
?
You only get a small debuff when the threat lasts for too long (more than 2 days).
Do you think this duration should be modified? Set it to 3 days or so?

Rikiki

I have progressed with the laser turret! :)
Next release will handle simple laser firing turrets (like the laser rifle). 8)
I cannot promise I will support the projectiles with custom warmup as it would demand much more effort... :P

Shinzy

Quote from: Rikiki on November 07, 2014, 04:44:43 PM
Mmh, I initially set the destroyOnDrop to true but it throws some warning at start-up as it cannot be carfted either.
I will study this point.

What do you mean by
QuoteI've only had constant 'blaarp!' noise
?
You only get a small debuff when the threat lasts for too long (more than 2 days).
Do you think this duration should be modified? Set it to 3 days or so?

The sirens sounds like that =P 'blaarp!' 'blaaarp!' 'blaaaarrp!' (I love it =P)
Thinking it may just be not working correctly for me (I get the debuff instantly whenever there's anything hostile on the map) haven't seen any of the bonuses at all come think of it
Maybe I'd need a fresh world to start on? - oh no, tried it just now, goes straight for the debuff right away
maybe some mod conflict

I'ma still keep it though =P maybe I'll get some more magical maluses to decor my place with ;D

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on November 07, 2014, 04:46:48 PM
I have progressed with the laser turret! :)
Next release will handle simple laser firing turrets (like the laser rifle). 8)
I cannot promise I will support the projectiles with custom warmup as it would demand much more effort... :P

nice ;) actually i don't bother with custom warmup, they seems silly on a turret anyway. if you need any .xml Defs for a quick turret setup check out my mod "turret collection"

Rikiki

@eatKenny: I'm not planning at doing turret so next release will contain the dll you need plus a little example of a working turret (really rough, just made it for test purpose).

@Shinzy:quite strange, my version is working well. ??? I doubt there is any conflict with another mod. Noone should modify the way the storyteller danger watcher works...
Anyone having the same issue?
Are you playing in speed 42? ;)

Rikiki

Updated to V1.4:
* added prism rifle! :o
* turrets can now use the standard laser beam (see attached raw example).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on November 12, 2014, 05:10:50 PM
Updated to V1.4:
* added prism rifle! :o
* turrets can now use the standard laser beam (see attached raw example).

thanks for the code, i just tested it on my turrets, works fine and looks amazing!

eatKenny

Oh and, i made a Spotlight in my mod, which is not really perfect but is the best I can get. If you are still interested in the idea you can work on it, source code is included in the download and use all the texture you want.

Rikiki

Thanks mate, I may have a look at it later.
Base perimeter defenses is one of my favorite theme...

Rikiki

Hi guys!
A small update that correct a nasty bug with the alert speaker (see changelog for more details).
@Shinzy: I finally found the bug you were experiencing! :D

Kulverstukass

I can has "Custom animation warmup time" somewhere in weapons description?
That "long, long time to acquire target" sort of non-intuitive.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Rikiki

Sorry, this mod sort of "hacks" the targeting warmup system. I cannot modify the weapon description UI. :-\

You can however find those durations in ticks in the XML description: :)

• laser rifle: 100
  • prism rifle: 100
  • laser gatling: 240
  • heavy lasgun: 220
  • high precision lasgun: 480

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Rikiki on November 22, 2014, 11:44:52 AM
Sorry, this mod sort of "hacks" the targeting warmup system. I cannot modify the weapon description UI. :-\

You can however find those durations in ticks in the XML description: :)

• laser rifle: 100
  • prism rifle: 100
  • laser gatling: 240
  • heavy lasgun: 220
  • high precision lasgun: 480
Thanks for the info, but i was saying about "text" description, with all that "long to acquire target" and "good precision". Something like (Aiming time: X.Ys) would be informative.
They was sort of hidden, for non-modding me, with all that "preFiringDuration". ::)
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?