[MOD] (ALPHA 7) Blood Pact by JuliaEllie - ALPHA SEVEN! (F this S)

Started by JuliaEllie, September 28, 2014, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hello everyone,

this is Blood Pact - my new mod. Its built around the Blood Pact which is some abstract chaotic power based on blood and death. You can severe dead bodies for blood and skulls and sacrifice them to the Blood Pact.

Sacrifice system: give sacrifices to the Blood Pact and strengthen your bond with the chaotic powers. You can sacrifice blood, skulls, Blood Leaf and corpses to gain Pact Strength. The more Blood Sigils, Skull Piles and Blood Ivy (only grows on Blood Fields) you have the stronger your bond gets -> more Pact Strength per sacrifice. Pact Strength can be used to pray for gifts like XP in a random skill or even a steam geysir which needs a LOT of Pact Strength and a Ritual of the Geysir. More to come.

The Blood Sigil: followers dedicated to the Blood Pact wear a Blood Sigil which grants them special traits but there is no return. Pacta sunt servanda!
PORTED TO ALPHA 7!
I didnt test anything though because I was too upset

UPDATE:
Armor, weapons and factions as well as a dynamic alignment system based on the buildings and Blood Ivy on your base. Unfortunately you have to create a new world to register the factions. Im sorry about this :(

New Buildings:
The Chop Block - low tier worktable which allows your colonists to chop off heads from corpses.
The Skull Altar - the main building of the mod. Your colonists can severe bodies for skulls and blood, sacrifice and pray for gifts.
Skull Pile - a pile of skulls also acts as storage for skulls.
Blood Sigil Painting - the Blood Sigil painted with blood.
Skull on a Pole - self explanatory.
Pact Forge - craft your armor and weapon there.
---
new Items:
Jar of Blood - human blood from corpses.
Human Skull - a human skull.
Blood Sigil - the mark of the followers of the Blood Pact.
Blood Leaf - the leaves of the Blood Ivy
Blood Pact Powerarmor - a powerful armor for your cultists.
Nailer - a powerful rapid fire weapon.
---
Stuff:
Blood Ivy - only grows on Blood Fields
Blood Fields - soak the earth with the blood of your enemies. This cursed land is very fertile.
Rim Marines and Blood Pact Rim Marines - the soldiers of "good" and "evil" whoever defines what those are.

Although I put a lot of work into this mod it is more or less a proof of concept and is not performance optimated. I never had any problems but the mod uses "some" foreach loops and "not so elegant" Unity Engine tick updates. So please report any problems you may experience especially on huge maps - I will work on the tick time some time soon(tm).

DOWNLOAD!

Krantz86

Blood for the Blood God!.. BUAHAHAHAHA!.. ahem... i mean... interesting

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Krantz86 on September 28, 2014, 02:22:40 PM
Blood for the Blood God!.. BUAHAHAHAHA!.. ahem... i mean... interesting

*Pact - we cant have any copyright lawyers here

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Krantz86

BTW, i'm more like a  Gaunt Ghosts fan (WH40k for those who don't know) so i'd like to see some blood pact raiders

shadowstreaker

This looks impressive, is it possible as the mod expands to make as above blood pact raiders, but as you do more sacrifices and so on they like you more and other factions like you less?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: shadowstreaker on September 28, 2014, 03:01:28 PM
This looks impressive, is it possible as the mod expands to make as above blood pact raiders, but as you do more sacrifices and so on they like you more and other factions like you less?

it SHOULD be possible but I would have to write my own faction and pawn generators and stuff. MAYBE I can highjack the core pawn spawner but I would have to do some research first within the core assembly

shadowstreaker

Don't feel the need to add it or rush it if you do, it'd just be a cool idea :)

Viperlol

This mod is amazing, i was planning on making something like this, as well as making an Imperial Guard mod.
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Goldsmyths

JuliaEllie

Quote from: shadowstreaker on September 28, 2014, 03:07:57 PM
Don't feel the need to add it or rush it if you do, it'd just be a cool idea :)

I put it on the top of my todo list. I love the idea.

shadowstreaker

Sweet :D and on the tooltip for the steam geyser ritual can you add the amount of pact strength required for it? It'd just make it easier to understand how much more is needed to be done ^.^

Zeta Omega

Wait...You can summon a steam geyser? Is it a random location or can you chose....

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Zeta Omega on September 29, 2014, 04:32:02 PM
Wait...You can summon a steam geyser? Is it a random location or can you chose....
The geyser will be spawned by the Ritual of the Geysir so you can choose.

Quote from: shadowstreaker on September 29, 2014, 04:18:02 PM
Sweet :D and on the tooltip for the steam geyser ritual can you add the amount of pact strength required for it? It'd just make it easier to understand how much more is needed to be done ^.^

its 10k - but psht ^.^

shadowstreaker

Heh I kept getting stupid amounts of pact strength by combining this, WW1 mod and Zombies mod
Essentially neverending supply of blood :D

JuliaEllie

Quote from: shadowstreaker on September 29, 2014, 05:00:35 PM
Heh I kept getting stupid amounts of pact strength by combining this, WW1 mod and Zombies mod
Essentially neverending supply of blood :D

Yes thats the problem with mods which provide endless amounts of corpses but I cant think of a proper solution which wont break anything right now.